Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Ran into M3 who wouldn't line the hell up

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2013, 07:50 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ran into M3 who wouldn't line the hell up

Yesterday night, 2am-ish... I'm driving along when I see something pulling up pretty quick thru traffic and about to blow past me with no intention of stopping from what it looked like. I downshifted right into 3rd and gunned it right before he past me. He got about a car length before I stopped his pull and noticed it was a silver M3. I stood in it into 4th and started regaining ground by the top end of 4th when I had to let off.

I decided to go after him since he slowed up. I caught up quickly mid-turn since he didn't seem to be able to keep it in 1 lane and was probably more concerned with me coming up behind him. When he steps on it, I stepped on it and ended up passing him a bit before having to let off around 140ish, but this time... ahead. I moved over 2 lanes to pass 2 cars holding us up... and moved over to let him get beside me, when he just guns it, and I wasn't in the right gear when I saw he wasn't going to slow down. I downshifted and put my foot down, and he held me off about a car and a half until I stopped his pull but didn't have time to regain ground since traffic was coming up again. I let off, when I saw him put his hand out the window and do a thumbs down. LOL

I thought all the ***** bought Audi's nowadays?
Lining it up would have been a real good run, with what looked like me having a slight edge on him since I always stopped his pulls, and eventually gained up top.

Didn't help that I had my toolboxes, and 3 crates full of **** in the trunk. LOL
Old 09-08-2013, 07:53 AM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

BMW owners are such douchebags. Was it a newer one or the older e46 style?
Old 09-08-2013, 08:00 AM
TECH Resident

E46 style. Had to have been bolt ons at minimum IMO, because I've pulled a bit on stock E92s.
Old 09-08-2013, 08:18 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Every single time I find an m3 they immediately start weaving traffic and cutting people off...I can never get one to line up. Usually happens with the AMG crowd too.
Old 09-08-2013, 08:28 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 2StepsAhead
Every single time I find an m3 they immediately start weaving traffic and cutting people off...I can never get one to line up. Usually happens with the AMG crowd too.
LOL Looks like he was headed to your part of town too. Verazanno
Old 09-08-2013, 08:45 AM
Teching In

He knew you'd win if you both got a fair hit, so he played like a doucher.

I **** on a red coupe M3 with exhaust the other day. No clue who he was or what he had done, but very similar story to yours.
Saw him weaving and cutting people off in traffic behind me. When he went to pass me, I dropped it to 3rd and pinned it. Instantly blew his doors off to about 110. Then I let off.
We both lined up after that at about 50. He hit on the 2nd honk (douche bag) and I punched it right after I saw that and I just started walking right past him.
I put my hand out the window and gave a little wave after. He flipped me off and took the immediate next exit.
I laughed.
Old 09-08-2013, 12:10 PM
Launching!

I beat an E46 M3 last year when I had my T/A. Though he wouldn't line up either, just took off. Anyway, when I started pulling on him both he and the passenger flipped me off from out the window. The car was stupid loud so I know it at least had exhaust. Is this a common thing for BMW owners and I missed the memo? I actually like those cars quite a bit regardless of their somewhat lacking straightline performance.
Old 09-08-2013, 01:16 PM
On The Tree

Lol i dont think its restricted to just Audis. G35's G37's and the m3 crowds are all cocky guidos
Old 09-08-2013, 01:36 PM
Old School Heavy

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

He probably could not figure out why the hell you were pestering him.
Old 09-08-2013, 01:41 PM
TECH Addict

sounds like the 350Z guys too...
Old 09-08-2013, 03:55 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by newchevyman
I beat an E46 M3 last year when I had my T/A. Though he wouldn't line up either, just took off. Anyway, when I started pulling on him both he and the passenger flipped me off from out the window. The car was stupid loud so I know it at least had exhaust. Is this a common thing for BMW owners and I missed the memo? I actually like those cars quite a bit regardless of their somewhat lacking straightline performance.
Thats just a sore loser. I've seen fbody guys act worse. One 5th gen SS I blew the doors off of in my 4 door family sedan 335xi called me a "*** in a bimmer" after the race and wanted to fight me. I sort of trolled him with a couple assholish responses and surprised his fat middle age *** didn't just assume run me off the road although he did threaten it. All this happened after I slowed down to give the thumbs up too.
Old 09-08-2013, 04:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

lol at all the douche stories. I never get the guys that are like that. I had a cholo want to race me in my V6 Altima with his 300C and after I walked him he whipped out his pistol and was pointing it at me freaking out.
Old 09-08-2013, 06:58 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by MN_V
lol at all the douche stories. I never get the guys that are like that. I had a cholo want to race me in my V6 Altima with his 300C and after I walked him he whipped out his pistol and was pointing it at me freaking out.
I'd much rather get a thumbs down. LOL
Old 09-08-2013, 07:35 PM
Teching In

Lol at douche bags. They have a big ego that gets hurt when they lose. Luckily I don't have to worry about them. Ive had similar instances happen where Ill whoop on somebody and ill try to talk to them whether ive won or lost to tell em nice run and they are foaming at the mouth, pissed off. Then the threats come and ill nicely advise them of what a mistake there current course of action would be.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:39 PM
9 Second Club

^ reminds me of....

Old 09-08-2013, 07:56 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by willizm
^ reminds me of....

LMFAO! awsome
Old 09-08-2013, 08:39 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by willizm
Thats just a sore loser. I've seen fbody guys act worse. One 5th gen SS I blew the doors off of in my 4 door family sedan 335xi called me a "*** in a bimmer" after the race and wanted to fight me. I sort of trolled him with a couple assholish responses and surprised his fat middle age *** didn't just assume run me off the road although he did threaten it. All this happened after I slowed down to give the thumbs up too.
True. I haven't been in many races but that one stuck out. Those N54/N55s can be made stupid fast for little money and that guy obviously didn't have a clue.

Quick Reply: Ran into M3 who wouldn't line the hell up