Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Anyone have a VFN stock style WS6 hood?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2004, 09:38 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Angry Anyone have a VFN stock style WS6 hood?

Just wondering if their quality is shitty on all the other hoods produced. I picked mine up saturday and was not pleased. First of all their mold is junk. They didn't bother to take the "Ram Air" stickers off the nostrils of the other hood that they molded off of, which leaves protruding "Ram Air" lettering in the fiberglass of the new hood. When I questioned the guy that was working there, he told me it was there to help with the placement of the stickers on my hood. BULLSHIT! This sticks up about 1/16th of an inch, but everyone that has looked at the hood has noticed it, and I never intended to put the stickers on it. It's too tall to be sanded out as well.

The next problem is that the hood is too long, it hangs over the bumper about an inch, and I have it moved as far back as possible. Yet another asstastic quality of my NEW hood.

The rear of the hood is unfinished and needs MAJOR prep work. Why would you make something, finish 3 sides, and then require that the fourth be finished by the consumer? Not only does it look like it was cut by an epileptic crack addict, but there is no gelcoat?

The hood latch and release holes are WAY off square, I couldn't get the factory hardware to bolt in right.

Now this is the best part so far. You have to hack up the side of the hood to make it lay flat. Instead of taking the time at their "factory" to do this, it's required of the consumer. If you don't hack up the sides of the hood, it sits up over the fenders about an inch. Now I have yet another area of material that isn't gelcoated.

So now, this piece of crap needs MAJOR prep work before it will even look decent on my car. I've worked with other fiberglass hoods and haven't seen this level of crap.

Oh, and I'd like to take this opportunity to say F%#& LS1SOURCE! Everyone better check their credit card statements and make sure their charge is accurate. They promised up and down in the thread regarding the group purchase that no tax would be charged, but lo and behold, my total became $434.00 instead of $405.00. I really don't appreciate being lied to by a vendor. I even called LS1SOURCE when the charge appeared and was told that they would take care of it, and was bascially told to take a walk by VFN, who placed the charge.

Cliff Notes: VFN = Shitty Product LS1SOURCE = Lying Bastards
Old 05-03-2004, 10:27 AM
TECH Regular

Man, that really sucks Tom. My cousin was telling me about that yesterday and how they did that shitty job of molding with a decal on the orig. hood. That's unreal.

Have you tried getting your money back? If you have and they won't budge, I'd put strong words concerning their subpar quality around every board that sponsors or makes note of them until they refund or exchange.
Old 05-03-2004, 10:28 AM
12 Second Club

Thanks Matt. I'll fill you in on the details later. Let me know if you wanna see this before I make a move on it. IM me.
Old 05-03-2004, 11:18 AM
Staging Lane

Thnak for the heads up ! I was considering buying one, but am now convinced otherwise
Old 05-03-2004, 11:23 AM
FormerVendor

There is no Problem getting a refund I already had sent a private message stating that about an hour ago. your concerns could have been taken care of when you picked up your hood, it really stinks to come in Monday morning and find your getting bashed by someone who could have called us FIRST, instead your saying the stickers cant be sanded out , the hood is to long , the holes are'nt square! Why not just give us the chance to right the situation, We have had others who needed help installing the hood and we've done it free of charge and in the end the hoods fit great everyones happy, but quite honestly your claims are completely overboard, we are very helpful and understanding people who have no problem helping customers when there is a problem, were a family business and we are very professional when it comes to customer service, were not crackheads. Im sorry if ls1 source didnt tell you that if you live in Illinois there would be have to be tax charged, were in Illinois too but thats not our fault blame Uncle Sam its the law. all I can say is bring it back! Get your money
Old 05-03-2004, 11:38 AM
12 Second Club

Hi, my address is:

30 Congress Street
WILLIAMS BAY WI 53191

So please tell me again how your Illinois tax thing works?
Old 05-03-2004, 12:17 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

Tom, if you want a refund that can be done in 24 hours, but I have the same hood and the lettering takes all of 2 minutes to sand down.

Also, you told me you live in Hainesville last week so I'm not sure that you realize that I am also friends with VFN. Who helped them mold the WS6 hood?

I'm locking this, you guys need to figure out a plan and also deal with the address issue.