Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headers and Catted Y pipe void my warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2013, 11:27 AM
"I MAID THEESE"

Received 675 Likes on 425 Posts

Default Headers and Catted Y pipe void my warranty?

If I get long Tubes and a Catted y pipe will it void my warranty? I bought my car from a dealer and i got a2 year warranty from a warranty company. Will it void it?

Thanks!
Old 09-08-2013, 11:36 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Well, you ought to read the fine print before you ask us.

As a rule 3rd party warranties are about collecting money,
not giving it back. All depends on who's doing the work
and whose friend they really are.
Old 09-08-2013, 12:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ask your dealer. Some dealers work with performance shops and will honor the warranty as long as that shop does the work.
Old 09-08-2013, 12:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Smile

failures unrelated to aftermarket parts legally cannot be voided.

if its a concern keep your vehicle stock.
Old 09-08-2013, 01:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Do you know a "cool" mechanic, if not the warranty company will screw you over no matter what. The warranty company will want you to either go to the dealership or there mechanic either way they'll have them in there back pocket and will screw you every time. My mechanic tried to get a rebuild transmission out of my warranty company and could only get about half of the money out of them because they wouldn't pay for any of the parts that are "wear" items like synchronizers, shift pads, or bearings.
Old 09-08-2013, 02:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fry_
Do you know a "cool" mechanic, if not the warranty company will screw you over no matter what. The warranty company will want you to either go to the dealership or there mechanic either way they'll have them in there back pocket and will screw you every time. My mechanic tried to get a rebuild transmission out of my warranty company and could only get about half of the money out of them because they wouldn't pay for any of the parts that are "wear" items like synchronizers, shift pads, or bearings.
This is not always true. I bought my Firehawk 2 years ago and purchased an aftermarket warranty. Since then, I have took it to the dealership and had to replace the rearend and the air conditioner, and it all was covered with no deductible. The rearend repair was $1400+, and the AC repair was $1500+. Both times they never even sent out their adjuster to verify. My headers and intake were installed before my air went out and I didnt have any issues getting it fixed...I didn't have a cool guy at the dealership, but I have done business with them in the past.
Old 09-08-2013, 05:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Dealer where I purchased my truck will quicky void my warranty if a aftermarket modification is done to the engine (such as a CAI. NO BS.) Its really up to the people working there and all.

You should call and ask before doing soo. Then again the mechanic has alot to do with it.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:55 PM
On The Tree

Is it through Driverz Edge? If so Google them... Seems like they're pretty sketchy...
Old 09-09-2013, 03:23 AM
TECH Addict

There are a lot of those companies. I've dealt with a few. They're to make people feel better about buying a used car, but nearly worthless. We had a car that needed a tie rod end or balljoint, Moog was $40 locally but they say they oh we pay $7 for X part, so we have to wait for them to send us their China part or eat the difference. Then they only pay $30/hr labor so you lose money there too, and you have to call them for approval of this and that then fax them your forms and really anything useful ends up not getting covered anyway.

I'm sure a lot of shops turn away those warranties anyway, go ahead and mod

Quick Reply: Headers and Catted Y pipe void my warranty?