Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Infinite amount of air?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2013, 06:02 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Infinite amount of air?

I'm currently working on my camaro, installing a new tick master cylinder. Its all bolted up and bled. I'm having problems though. In the top of the petal there is a dead spot. When I am in the car pumping JUST that dead spot air will come into the reservoir. It seems as there is a infinite amount of air in the system. When Im pumping just the dead spot I hear this noise, it sounds like air hissing, and almost every time I hear that noise my dad sees a bubble go into the reservoir. Are they related? I know its bled good. I bled the master before connecting to slave cylinder then used the speed bleeder and bled through over half of a water bottles worth of brake fluid through the system. So what should I do?

Thanks
Old 09-08-2013, 06:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if its that spot at the top, dont worry about it. I have it on 2 different ticks since 2009 and it doesnt affect driving. I use my clutch cruise switch to keep the clutch snug.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So that is normal? Is it normal for air to come out of the reservoir when I pump that dead spot. Also when I had the master disconnected from the slave it was rock hard, other that that dead spot.
Old 09-09-2013, 03:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've never been able to get that "final" bit of air out. I stopped using vacuum on it and just did your standard bleeds and driven it fine.

Quick Reply: Infinite amount of air?