Need help 09 Cts v what mods to get.

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2013, 09:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need help 09 Cts v what mods to get.

I am houston local finally talked m wife into letting me mod her car. Been a few years since i have been on the sight and a little out of the game. Need a little input on what mods to do and where to get them. I have always been a fan of lmr and there service but I do all work my self. This what I have in mind as her only thing being it can't be loud and she's paying for it.

Lingenfilter pulley kit with cold air with super charger pulley.
Metro 9.55 crank pulley.
Lingenfilter Gt9 camshaft or stock zr1 cam more mild.
Good set of l92 heads
Valve springs
Cam sprocket
Injectors
Tune
Thermostat

Here's the problem she wants stock exhaust. So do I do kooks headers and x with stock exhaust. And 2 cut outs.

All input and what I am missing would be nice I am wanting to do it all at once.
Old 09-08-2013, 09:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Why does she want stock exhaust? You can get headers that will be just as quiet during part throttle if you have cats and mufflers. It needs to breathe either way.
Old 09-08-2013, 09:45 PM
ppp
Launching!

I have American racing headers and mid-pipes, no cats through stock mufflers w/ cutouts, sounds stockish... That and cold air was 525 rwhp on a conservative dyno. Doing a pat g cam, injectors, valve springs, 9.55 lower pulley, inter cooler, blower spacer, ported heads, ported blower, and ported blower snout. We'll see what that gets outta the wife's car.
Old 09-08-2013, 09:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I thank I messed every thing up taking her for rides in my Camaro. I thank I can get away with it all with full kooks headers and mid pipe and 2 electric cut outs and stock exhaust she does drive it much but baby falls asleep in it when she picks her up from day care so wants it quite. I could put 427 built to the moon all good as long as its not loud.
Old 09-08-2013, 10:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

The stock V mufflers flow pretty good so no power left behind. Also don't do L92 heads your LSA heads are pretty good unless you want some headwork done. If you want a sleeper setup the LS9 cam is the way to go, also its a $89.99 cam lol win win.
Old 09-08-2013, 11:02 PM
KCS

Received 307 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by White98Z
I am houston local finally talked m wife into letting me mod her car. Been a few years since i have been on the sight and a little out of the game. Need a little input on what mods to do and where to get them. I have always been a fan of lmr and there service but I do all work my self. This what I have in mind as her only thing being it can't be loud and she's paying for it.

Lingenfilter pulley kit with cold air with super charger pulley.
Metro 9.55 crank pulley.
Lingenfilter Gt9 camshaft or stock zr1 cam more mild.
Good set of l92 heads
Valve springs
Cam sprocket
Injectors
Tune
Thermostat

Here's the problem she wants stock exhaust. So do I do kooks headers and x with stock exhaust. And 2 cut outs.

All input and what I am missing would be nice I am wanting to do it all at once.
I wouldn't mess with the heads or cam just yet. Swap the pullies for more boost, and then work on cooling the IAT's with methanol and an aftermarket intercooler.

Get rid of the cats as well. The OEM units tend to fail, clog, and take out the rings/pistons.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I am a pretty lazy person work on cars all day somewhere else want to go it once and be done. I was planing on putting ported l92 heads on the car. No going through the trouble for some stock ones. Thanks for all the input everyone.
Old 09-09-2013, 02:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by White98Z
I am a pretty lazy person work on cars all day somewhere else want to go it once and be done. I was planing on putting ported l92 heads on the car. No going through the trouble for some stock ones. Thanks for all the input everyone.
Cool, if you are going to sell your heads I got dibbs on them
Old 09-10-2013, 08:59 AM
Teching In

all you need to do with here car is longtubes(cats) thru stock muffs..or even no cats, lower pulley,ported tb,cold air,heatex..

even with longtubes with no cats thru stock muffs there is absolutely no drone at all on inside. still sounds like a stock car.. when you hit the gas then it screams on the outside(still nothing really on the inside).

pat g just retuned my caddy this past sat. it laid down 647/637 on a simple setup(cammed)

with the setup i mentioned uptop with a tune car will put down 535-550 with tune(depending on what lower pulley you go with) and is easy mid-to low 11 sec car on street tires..
Old 09-16-2013, 01:38 AM
On The Tree

Mind if i ask what color the cts-v is? I raced a female driven one a few weeks ago.

Quick Reply: Need help 09 Cts v what mods to get.