Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

LSA blower on a LS3

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 05:46 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LSA blower on a LS3

Need some info on my set up here. Ran into a few issues but honestly don't know which route to take.

I got this LSA blower off a ZL1, and I'm going to install it on my 2010 SS 6M. My LS3 is all stock for now, I do have a Kooks set up, and a Magnaflow exhaust waiting for install. I am also going with a blower cam set up (as soon as I find the right shop).

But here lies the problem, I am being told that the LSA blower will not fit directly on to my LS3 due to the studs under the blower not allowing it do so. Some shops are telling me to machine my heads ($1795 with my core), other shops are telling me to buy already machined heads ($1300 shipped). Now some friends are telling me to simply change out the valves, springs, and studs along with the head gaskets. I'm aiming at somewhere in the 6-700 hp range when all is installed, tuned, and done. But I am not trying to spend a load of cash if there is no need to, but I also do not want to break anything.

Who makes heads that are already good to go for my set up?
What valves, springs, studs, and gaskets do y'all recommend?

So any input whatsoever will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 09-13-2013, 02:50 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Idk why someone is telling you it won't work. The blower will bolt right up. Only difference there might be is the LS3 head might not have a provision for the dowel on the bottom of the blower. If the provision is not there you can just remove the dowel from the blower. It would need to be removed to run an aftermarket casting head like a Mast Motorsports LS3 head anyway. I removed mine without any issue.
Old 09-13-2013, 09:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't know about the Camaro but there isn't room for the belt on the vette. The LSA has a separate belt for the blower on the balancer.
Old 11-19-2014, 10:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How did you remove the dowel?

Quick Reply: LSA blower on a LS3