Went to a fight and a race broke out

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 10:36 PM
HMP
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Went to a fight and a race broke out

About 10:30 into this it gets ugly...

This promo video shows what has happened this season to lead up to the drama at the autorama:

Old 09-09-2013, 10:41 PM
On The Tree

Old 09-10-2013, 02:04 PM
On The Tree

Im confused. Is showing fighting and violence at your place of business suppose to make me want to attend? Should I bring my kids too?
Old 09-10-2013, 02:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BigB02Z28
Im confused. Is showing fighting and violence at your place of business suppose to make me want to attend? Should I bring my kids too?
Have you not seen the new age popular culture? We are just about 50yrs away from the Thunder Dome being reality. MMA is on network TV these days...why not its what people want. They should just put a cage in the middle of the infield, after the race lets see who the best fighter is...lol.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:19 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Stroked96Bowtie
Have you not seen the new age popular culture? We are just about 50yrs away from the Thunder Dome being reality. MMA is on network TV these days...why not its what people want. They should just put a cage in the middle of the infield, after the race lets see who the best fighter is...lol.
Eh, Guess I grew up where the family got together and went to the racing events, demolition derby's, tractor pulls, etc.

I watch MMA, but I don't consider that a family outing. Racing, I do.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:22 PM
HMP
LS1TECH Sponsor

Your kids would have a great time and see less violence than on their video games or tv. It's very rare to see a brawl but very common to see awesome racing.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:26 PM
11 Second Club

I was hoping he'd pull a Cole Trickle
Old 09-10-2013, 02:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Looks like some sort of Jerry Springer episode
Old 09-10-2013, 02:44 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I didn't even watch the video. I don't want to see people acting stupid. I am not saying I have never put myself in a stupid situation or been the dumn *** that caused it. I have been racing since I can remember but I have been reluctant to attend an HMP event because it has had a reputation for an obnoxious croud from day one. I race with my young boys and I will try to avoid them being exposed to B.S. I may attend HMP, but it will be alone if there is an event I really want to race or attend. It doesn't matter if it is rare, posting it up on the net screams Jerry Springer.
Old 09-10-2013, 03:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You guys need to get a grip. The truth is its the world we live in, there are OTHER people living in it too it turns out. If you think seeing a brawl 100ft away in the stands is going to change your child's life then you're obviously not doing your job very well as a parent. If I knew there were regular brawls at my local track I might go more often, just tell the kids there are sometimes wrestling matches that go on too...lol. Ironman, Captain America, Avengers, Power Rangers...so many more kid friendly shows have the same thing.
Old 09-10-2013, 03:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It all sells tickets...
Old 09-10-2013, 03:24 PM
TECH Resident

You guys need to get a grip. The truth is its the world we live in, there are OTHER people living in it too it turns out. If you think seeing a brawl 100ft away in the stands is going to change your child's life then you're obviously not doing your job very well as a parent. If I knew there were regular brawls at my local track I might go more often, just tell the kids there are sometimes wrestling matches that go on too...lol. Ironman, Captain America, Avengers, Power Rangers...so many more kid friendly shows have the same thing.
You are correct sir. I just don't want to expose them on purpose. There is a differnence in a super hero on TV and an actuall brawl over stupid ****. In these hero shows you mention it is normally tought that violence may be needed at times but avoided if possible. That is how I try to teach my kids and hopefully they will only use violence when it is needed, not because someone called there Dad a fat ***.
Old 09-10-2013, 03:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by codyvette
You are correct sir. I just don't want to expose them on purpose. There is a differnence in a super hero on TV and an actuall brawl over stupid ****. In these hero shows you mention it is normally tought that violence may be needed at times but avoided if possible. That is how I try to teach my kids and hopefully they will only use violence when it is needed, not because someone called there Dad a fat ***.
To each their own, we don't totally disagree...just different perspectives. Continue on!!
Old 09-10-2013, 06:09 PM
On The Tree

Comparing TV to something right in front of you is a bit silly. I'm sure you've seen tons of murders on TV and in movies. If it happened right in front of you think you'd feel the same way?

Not to mention it doesn't take much to turn into a huge brawl and even up into the stands.

Guy is laying on the floor and the anouncer is laughing "Ahaha someone just got jack handled!!!"

People die from that type of stuff.

Edit: Racing is a sport. In sports you teach good sportsmanship.

You expect this type of behavior at illegal street events, not at an upstanding business plaza. I don't even feel like it's in tasteful business practice, I for one would be trying to hide that fights break out. What if I want to race there? Do I need to worry about some guy starting a fight with me because he loses a race?
Old 09-10-2013, 06:14 PM
TECH Regular

OH SNAP MTV DRAMA AT THE RACE TRACK, I CANT WAIT

- said no one
Old 09-10-2013, 06:25 PM
TECH Resident

To each their own, we don't totally disagree...just different perspectives. Continue on!!
You mean we can have differing opinions and still have a somewhat meaningful thread...... HELL NO I wont stand for it. Get back here and fight like an internet MAN, sissy boy!!!
Old 09-10-2013, 06:29 PM
9 Second Club

I suspect the people attending look something like this?

Old 09-10-2013, 06:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

No zoom on the camera phone?
Old 09-10-2013, 06:46 PM
Teching In

I agree. Did not watch the video and do not want to see a fight over some incident where we expect to see friendly competitors in our sport and friends having fun.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by codyvette
You mean we can have differing opinions and still have a somewhat meaningful thread...... HELL NO I wont stand for it. Get back here and fight like an internet MAN, sissy boy!!!
internet man? lol...that must be what I'm striving to become around here. No matter if the track is a circle or straight line...people disagree and it can turn into a fight. If I go to the local dirt track and don't see a fight Id think something went wrong...it happens not just at HMP. If you would take the time to watch the videos you would know they had a bit of history also. I'm not trying to start a **** storm but just not sure why everyone played the morality card.

...and Slash you are probably right.

Quick Reply: Went to a fight and a race broke out