Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS3 w/dual Stage Nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 10:01 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS3 w/dual Stage Nitrous

Hey guys check this out, I installed the dual stage plate and wired up the window switch to control it.

I didnt have the jets I wanted to I had to mix and match to get some where around a 50-70 shot out of the hole and a 100 shot from 4200rpms. Stand alone is low pressure (7psi) so thats why the fuel jets have to be around the size of the nitrous jets.

1st stage: 28N 31F (lol...maybe a 50 shot)

2nd stage: 57N 63F ( gotta get some more jets)

Anyways, I did the install myself (thanks Brandon @nitrous outlet for the wiring diagram) into the window switch. So I arm the system and make a pass, the AFR started out at 11.5 and climbed fast all the way to 13.2 at the end of the 8th mile so I shut it down beofore the end of the pass.

I didnt feel the 1st stage hit, and my 60ft doesnt show it, nor does my MPH.

60ft 1.68
8th MPH (93.5) but I did shut down before crossing, which obviously wont make it faster, but on the single stage 150pills its crossing the 8th @102mph so something is up, no MPH no 60ft and messed up AFR. I didnt have any pills to help fatten it up and I was not able to verify the 1st stage actually kicked in, so I disconected (quick connect) the 2nd stage and put in 73N & 73F and ran it a few times on the interestate and my AFR was 9.8-10.0 BUT it pulled significantly harder then the 150 shot which had an AFR of 12.8

Any ideas? I need to verify the 1st stage is actually arming and operational so im going to put the 100 pills in and disconect the 2nd stage and then play with the AFR to get it around 12 on the 1st stage, then do the same thing to the 2nd stage so hopefully the AFR will play nice when both are armed.
Old 09-10-2013, 11:22 AM
8 Second Club

Even low pressure that's going to be rich....as indicated by 73/73 pills...check out 7psi jetting below still smaller on fuel side.

http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/jetting-charts/
Old 09-10-2013, 11:37 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by jesse92
Even low pressure that's going to be rich....as indicated by 73/73 pills...check out 7psi jetting below still smaller on fuel side.

http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/jetting-charts/

Ahh thanks I can see why it was rich, I wouldnt think it would make it a 9.8 but I'll throw the 62 and see what it does.

That also explains why I didnt really percieve the 1st stage if it infact did hit, because it was jetted as a 35 shot. Makes sense now, except that it went so lean on the first run.
Old 09-10-2013, 11:38 AM
FormerVendor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

That jetting SHOULD be rich. For you to be that lean with that big of fuel pills leads me to believe there is an issue somewhere else. Can you tell me more about the stand alone? Is that a flowing 7psi? What is the AFR on motor? Timing on motor and on nitrous? What plugs are you running? Are you sure your jetting you put here is correct? For a 50 at 7psi you need a 35N and a 28F. Second stage for a 57N at 7psi you need a 48F. This equates to a 125. I would confirm that both stages(Nitrous AND Fuel)are firing and if not then look towards a wiring issue as well.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:25 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by brandon@nitrousoutlet
That jetting SHOULD be rich. For you to be that lean with that big of fuel pills leads me to believe there is an issue somewhere else. Can you tell me more about the stand alone? Is that a flowing 7psi? What is the AFR on motor? Timing on motor and on nitrous? What plugs are you running? Are you sure your jetting you put here is correct? For a 50 at 7psi you need a 35N and a 28F. Second stage for a 57N at 7psi you need a 48F. This equates to a 125. I would confirm that both stages(Nitrous AND Fuel)are firing and if not then look towards a wiring issue as well.
Well I know the one stage works because I tested it after the track, but I didnt test the 2nd stage because I ran out of nitrous. How do you test the solonoids without actually running nitrous/fuel into your motor?

AFR on motor IIRC was 12.5 +/- slightly

Plugs ar BR7's

Timing im not certain but I believe is 24* (PatG tuned)

The jetting was just the jets I had laying around so I tried to match them up best I could. I'll be buying more jets this week so I can get it straightned out.

Quick Reply: LS3 w/dual Stage Nitrous