Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

LS2 Stock Internals question

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 06:10 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS2 Stock Internals question

So Ive read a ton of builds and still cant really seem to find a consensus. I have a stock LS2 that Im getting ready to do a budget turbo setup with. Original plan was to go ahead and put pistons/rods in it, but due to financial limitations, Im thinking of sticking with a stock shortblock for now. While I have the shortblock torn down to clean it, Im going to put a new set of rings in it, widen the gaps a bit to keep from worrying about ring ends butting, and put a set of 317 heads on the motor to drop compression to 10:1. In the end, Im basically going to end up with an aluminum equivalent of an LQ9. From what I understand, this should be quite capable of handling 650-700whp through a T56 on E85, however, I havent seemed to find any similar builds, so Im just wondering if anyone has experience with a similar setup around that power level, and if it lasted. I still plan on building a motor for it down the road (likely an iron block 408 stroker, or something of that nature), but for now Id rather have something I can enjoy for the time being.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

I have put that setup through its paces for over a year at well over 650hp. It'll live for years as long as it has a proper tune.

Quick Reply: LS2 Stock Internals question