Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loudmouth Catback Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 07:36 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Loudmouth Catback Question

I have stock exhaust w/ a cutout on the I currently. I want to upgrade the catback at this time until I get around to installing a ORY and longtubes. The car is my daily so I don't have the time to do it all at once. I think this system will be good considering it's 3" which will flow nicely with the 3" Y later AND the fact that it'll be easy to slide in a different muffler if I choose to do so.

So my question is, seeing that the LM is designed to clamp to the stock Y pipe will I need to do anything special to attach it to the 3" Y when the time comes? I searched and searched but couldn't find the answer to my exact question. btw, I'm wanting everything to clamp I do not want it welded.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Everything will clamp on just fine except for the Y-to-I pipe. I've installed a LM2, have a LM1 in a box, and a Dual/Dual and all 3 had/have to be welded to the Y-pipe.

The LM1 and 2 were both brand new when bought.
Old 09-12-2013, 09:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just did a LM2 to Lt's, i used a 3" band clamp to hold it on. No leaks. Costs like $12 at local hardware store.

Quick Reply: Loudmouth Catback Question