Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

So I beat a Mach 1 without knowing it

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2013, 10:15 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default So I beat a Mach 1 without knowing it

Blasphemy right?

I was on my way home when I hopped off the highway and saw a New Edge Mustang coming up to the stop light in the lane next to me. It looked a little meaner than a regular ol' 2v GT so I at first I thought it was a Cobra. It had a spoiler and said MUSTANG on the back bumper so that idea got tossed out fast.

Both of our windows were down. Me, not thinking it was anything to care about, didn't bother to ask him if he wanted to run. He says nothing to me, doesn't look over, doesn't honk, anything.

Light turns green, he takes off a little faster than I do and then hammers it at ~10-15mph when hes a car ahead. I follow suit and stop his pull, but wasn't able to close the gap before the short distance to the next light. He lets off and we glide up the next light neck and neck.

This time, I'm waiting for his bitch tactic. I took of gently again since this douche doesn't want to communicate and he does the same thing. Takes off faster, gets a car ahead and then hammers it, but this time I mashed the go pedal at the perfect time to match the Mustang. As I start to gain, I can hear his shifts. They were slow. Were soon door to door. I look over to see a shaker hood and in shiny letters, " Cobra Jet " is embroidered on the center piece of the hood. I'm still pulling at this point. I get a fender ahead and he lets out and I end up in front of him for a turn.

I make my turn nice and easy, cruise at low speed to tell the guy good race despite his underhanded start, but he wouldn't get close and turned onto a different road as I sped back up to the speed limit.

Not my fault you couldn't drive and lost to a 100% stock LS1. Learn to drive and don't be a bitch about losing. My car is an auto with 3.23 gears. Feels good to say my first ever kill with this car ( first LS1 ) is a Mach 1 LOL.
Old 09-13-2013, 11:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Nice job! Makes it all the more fun when the other guy is a complete idiot lol
Old 09-14-2013, 12:14 AM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

Op....did you make this up?

Lol
Old 09-14-2013, 02:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

He must have been a god awful terrible driver because the mach is just about dead even with an M6 Fbody and should have walked you.
Old 09-14-2013, 06:32 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Op....did you make this up?

Lol
Not at all haha.

@ JC. You say that like the M6 cars are so much faster than the Autos. And anything can happen on the street. Car could have been running peg-legged from a bad tune for all I know.
Old 09-14-2013, 08:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by JC316
He must have been a god awful terrible driver because the mach is just about dead even with an M6 Fbody and should have walked you.
Mach1 owners wish they were about even with stock M6 LS1 cars, bt they are not. Their hero runs are about even with the average stock M6 LS1 car. How many do you see running high 12s bone stock? None. You do however see stock LS1 M6 cars doing that.
Old 09-14-2013, 08:52 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
Mach1 owners wish they were about even with stock M6 LS1 cars, bt they are not. Their hero runs are about even with the average stock M6 LS1 car. How many do you see running high 12s bone stock? None. You do however see stock LS1 M6 cars doing that.
Never seen a stock manual LS1 run 12's other when they have lid, cat back, and tire. It is not the norm as I seen a lot of them run mid to low 13's at the track.

From a dead stop the race between a Mach and LS1 are very close and the edge still goes to the LS1
Old 09-14-2013, 08:58 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BurtReynolds
Never seen a stock manual LS1 run 12's other when they have lid, cat back, and tire. It is not the norm as I seen a lot of them run mid to low 13's at the track.

From a dead stop the race between a Mach and LS1 are very close and the edge still goes to the LS1
Mine went 12.93 at 109 on a street tire and SLP lid and Borla Catback...on a street tire if you can drive you can put them in the 12's
Old 09-14-2013, 09:04 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Lawhead
Mine went 12.93 at 109 on a street tire and SLP lid and Borla Catback...on a street tire if you can drive you can put them in the 12's
The dude said stock. With bolt ons with good driver I agree.
Old 09-14-2013, 09:10 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

SLP cars come with those mods stock LoL

Not the normal car but they are "Stock" ls1 F-bodies
Old 09-14-2013, 09:38 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

define "stock"

my car doesnt have a single engine modification and i ran high 12s on slicks that were about to blow apart.

why is it hard to believe an LS car can run 12s with DOT radials?
Old 09-14-2013, 12:35 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by dckmn52
define "stock"

my car doesnt have a single engine modification and i ran high 12s on slicks that were about to blow apart.

why is it hard to believe an LS car can run 12s with DOT radials?
Stock to me is from the factory ( dealership) and not talking about the SLP options. Not using suspension work or slick or drag tire.
Old 09-14-2013, 01:12 PM
TECH Regular

Received 218 Likes on 136 Posts

Slp was a factory option.
Old 09-14-2013, 01:16 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by OneSlowV
Slp was a factory option.
We all know GM and SLP are two different companies. If it didn't actually get installed by a GM employee before arriving at the dealership, it isn't stock.
Old 09-14-2013, 01:23 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by The_Bird
We all know GM and SLP are two different companies. If it didn't actually get installed by a GM employee before arriving at the dealership, it isn't stock.
So WS6 cars aren't stock either?
Old 09-14-2013, 01:26 PM
TECH Regular

Received 218 Likes on 136 Posts

You buy a trans am or camaro ss with the slp option. Its still a factory car to me.
Old 09-14-2013, 01:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Kevin Lee 487
Not at all haha.

@ JC. You say that like the M6 cars are so much faster than the Autos. And anything can happen on the street. Car could have been running peg-legged from a bad tune for all I know.
They are a little bit quicker, especially since they have a little better gears. You are saying that you chased him down from a car length back and beat him, so there is definitely something wrong with his driving or his car.

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
With a great driver, the mach 1 can get into the low 13's, most run mid 13's. With a great driver an M6 LS1 can hit high 12's, most run mid 13's. Remember that the Machs were underrated on the HP department just like the LS1 is. The Mach's make right around 270rwp in bone stock form.
Old 09-14-2013, 01:47 PM
On The Tree

Sounds like one of those rare Cobra Jet Mach 1's.
Old 09-14-2013, 02:19 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default bone stock

Bone stock to me is anything you can drive off the lot and being honest that if your car has stuff on it from another with better options you lose the bone stock status lol. Tires being the exception and if you want to see if a certain car is faster than another...same track same time same tires.

SLP cars are bone stock and were rated at higher hp numbers.

and y the heck do standard owners think there faster/quicker than automatics in this thread...that's just foolish.

There faster at the track and even more so on the street.
Old 09-14-2013, 02:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by handyandy496
Bone stock to me is anything you can drive off the lot and being honest that if your car has stuff on it from another with better options you lose the bone stock status lol. Tires being the exception and if you want to see if a certain car is faster than another...same track same time same tires.

SLP cars are bone stock and were rated at higher hp numbers.

and y the heck do standard owners think there faster/quicker than automatics in this thread...that's just foolish.

There faster at the track and even more so on the street.
Bone stock to me is exactly how it came off from the lot when it was new. Same air filter, same exhaust, same everything. SLP cars are also classified as bone stock. A base car with a lid, tune, and catback is not stock.

The gearing is the biggest reason for an M6 to be quicker stock. Of course that can be negated by being more difficult to drive, but all factors equal, the M6 should win.

Quick Reply: So I beat a Mach 1 without knowing it