PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

injectors have no pulse

Old 09-14-2013, 08:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default injectors have no pulse

Im new to this whole thing lol. But i have a 02 2500 hd 6.0 lq4.that has been sitting for 2 months now because i have no injector pulse. I have changed the pcm, crank sensor, checked codes with a scanner and havent figured it out yet. Truck cranks fine and will run if i feed it starting fluid and keep feeding it.i have no security light on while keys are in. Everything works as it should except injector pulse. So basically im wondering if anyone knows of a way to use a jumper wire to send a signal to the pcm to turn on the injectors? Im desperate to get it running and i have a caburated 350 that im about to swap in if i cant get it going. Im all out of ideas and any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-14-2013, 07:00 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

have fuel pressure? also check all grounds! it is easy to over look putting on some wire harness grounding straps and if a signal is not grounded, then a function will not occur.
Old 09-15-2013, 09:48 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look into ign switch/signal problem. It will allow cranking, fuel pump priming, spark....everything but no inj pulse verified via noid light.

Most likely vats issue if not disabled.
Old 09-15-2013, 07:49 PM

Ok problem fixed..we actually drove the truck through a river and thats how it started. Well the water was as deep as stock wheels so figured it wouldnt have a problem haha well turns out that under my fuse box had around 3 to 5 inches of sand in it. I cleaned that out and got the pulse but still no start so i took out the injectors and they were plugged to the top with sand so i cleaned them got it running and now has enging code p0300 for multiple random misfire so im cleaning the injectors again and changing plugs. So thats how it happened. Thank you to everyone who provided advice on.my issue.
Old 09-16-2013, 06:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

"so i took out the injectors and they were plugged to the top with sand"
Huh?
So, how did the sand get in the injs?? Did the fuel tank get filled , too?
What's the filter look like?
Old 09-16-2013, 09:50 PM

Driving through the river several time lol and im not sure about the tank yet i havent dropped it yet but im going to guess that there is sand there too
Old 09-16-2013, 09:52 PM

Have also taken it mudding a few times too.. but its a truck those thing happen
Old 09-17-2013, 09:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

Most likely came from the tank. No way, with the injs sealed at both ends, for the sand to enter from the rail, into the filter baskets. That area is under hi psi w/ fuel, and the river water certainly wasn't.
Start at the fuel source, [tank], and clean all the components........
And, you won't get the injs "clean'"by washing the sand out of the filter baskets.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:22 PM

I backflushed the injectors and yea it did come from the tank i dropped it and found alot of sand inside. I cleaned the tank and flushed the lines and back flused the injectors and now runs great and actually has more power now which is wierd but i must have cleaned out something partially plugged

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: injectors have no pulse