Possible BCM issue??? Help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 03:11 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Possible BCM issue??? Help!

Hello all, I have an '02 Formula that has been driving me crazy for a while now. A month or so ago the VATS went out and I had to do the resister bypass. That seemed to work for a time but now more problems have showed.
First, about everyday now when I start the car it will just crank and crank for about 5-8 secs before it finally starts.
Also sometimes it won't let me start it at all. It will act as it did before I did the resistor bypass. However the security light will stay on as opposed to blinking like it did then. The light will go off in about 5 mins and I'm able to start the car. It's also done this three times now without the security light being on. And it's even started fine sometimes, but the ignition wouldn't kick in untill about a second or two after I turn the key.
The security light has also come on while driving but always goes off after a few minutes. The last may or may not be related. When turning on the headlights a few times they wouldn't flip up. They came on, but stayed down, then came up about 2 mins later. No grinding noise as if there stuck. It was like they didn't know to flip up.
Could this be the BCM? I have no idea but it's pissing me of. The car only has 89k and has never been tamperd with. Only mods are a lid and cutout. Stock tune and all.
Old 09-20-2013, 04:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would post this in one of the tech sections. prolly will get more of a response there.

Quick Reply: Possible BCM issue??? Help!