Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Help me diagnose my window problem

Old 09-14-2013, 10:57 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me diagnose my window problem

I push the down button, and the window sometimes creeps down about 2 inches and stops. If I push down on the glass (or punch the door panel), the window will go down to wherever I want. It has a tendency to get stuck if it's all the way down. If It gets stuck on the way up, I generally can punch the door panel (a.k.a. "mechanical agitation") and it will cooperate.

Other times, the driver side winder doesn't move at all. Today, it was fully up and I tried to lower it. The window decided it wanted to stay up.

The passenger side never gets stuck, but it is really slow. I've read that this is due to less power going to that window.

Do you think the driver window is a motor problem or a regulator problem? Will a new passenger motor help at all, or am I wasting my money replacing it?
Old 09-14-2013, 11:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try spraying the window track with silicone lubricant since the window goes down with a little persuasion. It's a cheap fix if it works.
Old 09-25-2013, 08:19 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Given the age of the vehicle you should be up for a regulator change. One of the few things that really sucks about our cars man. I would do both and just invite some buddies over for beers and help on the weekend haha
Old 10-15-2013, 07:55 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you can get new window motors around 20 to 30$

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help me diagnose my window problem