Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

noobie from PA,... hum day!!! 1964 9 pass wagon

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2013, 12:22 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default noobie from PA,... hum day!!! 1964 9 pass wagon

I thought big blocks were hot **** until I saw a twin turbo lsx pushing 1000rwhp kick *** engine cant wait for direct injection to trickle down to the after market

Iv read a lot on this site already and love the site

Im still new to the car world, second year in it up to my nose as a restoration student, and im almost old enough to by my own beer instead of paying my roomates haha

I have a 64 Catalina station wagon 9 passenger I a vision ( in the future ) to do a twin rear mounted turbo 408ci lq4 as a Daily 1000rwhp capable grocer getter with a t56 and name it "sleepy" and hunt down imports like Hondas Subies and the lot of ( turbo lag giving v8s false hope) with the fart cannons

I love learning about the tuning side, having different modes to suit your needs by variable hp with boost etc still a noob bare with
id go for a 421 stroker kit(421 orginal engine option for that car) but iv read on here that they don't do well with boost with piston slap and blow by

but im starting with a lq4 with a 4l80e and a cam swap cause im still in college. still hunting for a god deal on an engine and trans. the car has 9.3" posi in rear so I know it should take what ever I throw at it unless I put slicks on
Old 09-16-2013, 10:25 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

welcome to the site I just joined myself doing a 5.3 swap in a 71 nova just getting started on it good luck

Quick Reply: noobie from PA,... hum day!!! 1964 9 pass wagon