Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intake swap

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2013, 12:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intake swap

I have a 05 Tahoe 5.3 engine I put in my 72 SS Nova. I had clearance issues so decided to go with the smaller LS2 intake off of a 06 GTO. The problem I am running into is wiring the throttle body up. I found several pin out diagrams but they all seem to differ a little. I can get the throttle plate to pop when I turn the ignition on but thats it. No pedal response. Has anyone changed the 05 Tahoe TB (8 pin connector) to the 06 GTO TB (6 pin connector) with any success or is there something additional that needs to be added? I built a stand alone harness from the Tahoe harness so I thought If I just purchased the 6 pin connector and wired it in, it would work....apparently not.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:07 PM
Staging Lane

i believe you will need an xlink for this
Old 09-16-2013, 01:16 PM
Teching In

Some say all that's needed is the 6 pin connector and others say it can't be done. Apparently those saying just get the 6 pin connector is wrong cuz I can't get it to work.

If I do buy the Xlink harness will the PCM know what to do with the larger TB or will the PCM have to be tuned? I know that the PCM has to "relearn" certain engine controls when they have failed/replaced or unplugged. I just don't know if the PCM knows what to do with a larger TB.

The Xlink says it is plug and play for my application but doesn't say anything about tuning the PCM. Any help would be appreciated. I don't mind buying the Xlink if it will work without spending more money to tune the PCM.

Last edited by Stashmo47; 09-16-2013 at 10:13 PM.

Quick Reply: Intake swap