Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

04-07 CTS-V Edelbrock E-Force part # pricing finally here

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 09:37 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04-07 CTS-V Edelbrock E-Force part # pricing finally here

Good morning all,
Finally received the pricing and part number for the first Gen E-Force supercharger. The cost of the kit is $6,455.87 plus freight and the part number is 145460. This kit is available through my company G&G Performance Parts Inc & Customs. I will add the details of kit shortly.

Thanks,
Marc
saab5@sbcglobal.net
Old 09-18-2013, 10:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

sweeeeet! link for the kit yet?
Old 09-18-2013, 02:07 PM
TECH Resident

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Enough people complain that maggies are limited to 500RWHP... I think he will find enough of a market to keep him happy.
Old 09-18-2013, 02:30 PM
On The Tree

What kind of power will this support on a built motor? I'm trying to figure out what route I wanna go.
Old 09-18-2013, 03:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by silver1r
What kind of power will this support on a built motor? I'm trying to figure out what route I wanna go.
With the proper motor and intercooler upgrades, almost 800 RWHP. It needs more displacement to handle 416+ CID motors efficiently, however. The builds that I've seen are spinning the blower crazy fast to move enough air. Presently, my plans involve a 3.3/4.0L Whipple and a 427 CID LSX with 9.5 SCR running 18-20 lbs of boost. It should make 975-1050 RWHP.
Old 09-18-2013, 03:40 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by FuzzyLog1c
The problem is that that the TVS2300, unless you limit it to 6 PSI, will obliterate the stock LS6/LS2 motor. We can provide specific examples where (IIRC) 8 PSI destroyed LS6 V1 motors.

While I applaud the effort, I think you'll find that there's little demand for this kit, seeing as the Venn diagram of people with $6500 to spend, stock engines, and aren't freaked out after reading the catastrophic engine failure threads (or the idea of investing in an obsolete head architecture) is very small piece of an already small community.

The financial equation really breaks down when you consider the fact that 6 PSI + LS6/LS2 = about 500 RWHP, which is what a 416 CID LS3 shortblock with 9.5:1 sCR (costing $5500+$850 for new LS3 heads and gaskets) makes N/A.

I recommend you take what you have and include a rectangle port option. You might even want to consider packaging it with a set of cheap LS3 heads, head gaskets, ARP bolts, two pulleys (6 psi/12 psi), and market it as an investment that provides power now, that will follow you from this engine to the next.

IIRC, the guys with V1s and LS3/LSA/LS7/LSX motors are building their own kits starting with the Eaton 1540 universal kit. That might be the head unit to consider.
One thing that you're forgetting in all of this...

The largest market of V1's cannot use LS3 heads because of the LS6 bore size. The second you add that part to the equation, you're effectively putting the shaft to almost 60% of the market share.

I think what he's offering is exactly what he needs to offer. You're over thinking/over complicating it. And for people like that (there are plenty), they will be able to do as they please through other means as the eforce is offered in many applications for the rectangle port heads. Making a rectangle port kit specifically for the V1 would be a waste of time for the tiny market share it would encompass.
Old 09-18-2013, 03:54 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with the 6psi threshold based on feedback from LS engine tuners, Texas Speed, Callies and Wiseco representatives. All have said anything over 6psi and strongly recommend forging the bottom end.

I still think this is a great kit and looks awesome under the hood!
Old 09-18-2013, 05:53 PM
Teching In

http://ballisticspeedparts.com/shop/...6-ls2-engines/
ls3 style head for ls1/ls6
Old 09-18-2013, 07:51 PM
TECH Resident

On the road course i would be more than content with 500-550 rwhp that i didn't have to spin the crap out of my blower and worry about severe heat soak. When you get higher than those numbers you have to be super sensitive with the throttle on corner exits. even at 465rwhp i have had a few close calls getting back on the throttle too soon and getting in a severe oversteer situation. Then again it all depends on your goals and when you are satisfied.
Old 09-18-2013, 08:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Forcfed93
One thing that you're forgetting in all of this...

The largest market of V1's cannot use LS3 heads because of the LS6 bore size. The second you add that part to the equation, you're effectively putting the shaft to almost 60% of the market share.

I think what he's offering is exactly what he needs to offer. You're over thinking/over complicating it. And for people like that (there are plenty), they will be able to do as they please through other means as the eforce is offered in many applications for the rectangle port heads. Making a rectangle port kit specifically for the V1 would be a waste of time for the tiny market share it would encompass.
Just don't bother with him...

He's gonna spew what he's gonna spew and create a big argument over nothing...

Keep up the good work
Old 09-18-2013, 08:46 PM
Launching!

Your points are well taken. However, consider the following:

1. TVS2300 kit for $6500.
2. Texas Speed 418 CID LS3 short block for $4,800, buy new LS3 heads for $650, and reuse your old parts.

The LS3 will make more power, be more fuel efficient, and weigh less. Plus, when you want to make big power, you can buy the TVS2300 and use it to its full capability. That's where I was going with the earlier post. We could totally use a CTS-V TVS2300 kit that includes mounting brackets, intercooler, pump, and tubing that are custom-fabricated for our cars. That stuff, you need--regardless of whether you're running a LS6, LS2, LSX, or whatever. Once you buy the blower, however, you're stuck with the heads you have.
I agree with you on the routes to choose. However, in terms of product offering and marketability in this instance, it's more than a waste, it's a losing money venture to offer a V1 kit for rectangle port heads. I would say there's probably somewhere in between the number of fingers on my hands and 50 that have rectangle port heads on their V1's. And if they want an eforce, there are plenty of options for them.

Regardless of that fact, there are plenty of people (think maggie people) that would jump on an eforce kit for cathedral port heads regardless of the limited power level on stock internals.
Old 09-18-2013, 09:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think it's a good idea, but not something for everyone. Not for stock bottom end motors unless you plan on doing something later and staying with Gen3 tech. That isn't necessarily a bad idea depending on what you have to start with. For someone who has a forged LS1/6 already its a decent way to go without spending another $6k on a new tech longblock.

Yes, it will be more efficient to start with an LS3 based motor, but a hell of a lot more $ for some people. I think the kit has a market, but it's a small market for these cars anyways. The aftermarket for these cars is nothing compared to other LS platforms and it is good to see someone still offering new products.

Someone will throw one on a bone stock LS6/2, blow it up... but that's to be expected.
Old 09-18-2013, 10:15 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The LS6 is fine...however larger chamber volume heads are needed to up the boost. I don't care who/what anyone says, you have to drop static compression with a roots blower...period. A set of 317 heads can be found anywhere for $100-$300 and are just fine. I am currently right at 10 lbs. of boost with my current setup and no issues thusfar except a damn lifter lol.

I am really interested to see what is included with this kit, the Edelbrock HEX, pump, etc are pretty much junk and you can do much better sourcing these parts separately. Also, the LS2 valley plate does not work with the LS6, you can use a 5.3 or 6.0 truck (or even an older LS1) valley and counter sink the holes to work with the new bolts.

I still say the best route to go is to get just the supercharger, tensioner and brackets, and fuel rails...nothing else. Tell them to keep all that BS and get a credit so that you can buy stuff that actually works well.
Old 09-18-2013, 10:53 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

FYI--427 CID LS7 (11:1 SCR) + 2.9L Whipple @ 6.5 lbs boost = 759 RWHP. This is what it looks like going from 90 to 130 mph (watch the numbers):

Cadillac CTS-V 427 Whipple highway pull - YouTube
That seemed surprisingly lethargic for a boosted 427. Also, 11.1 + boost + LS7 (with tissue paper thin sleeves) = assured destruction.
Old 09-18-2013, 11:00 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by DMM
I am currently right at 10 lbs. of boost with my current setup and no issues thusfar except a damn lifter lol.
Curious...how much power is that WOT? stock bottom?
Old 09-18-2013, 11:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Why does everyone have to become an expert all the time? The guy put together something that people have been asking for repeatedly which no one else offers as a full setup........ and one of the first posts is how its such a horrible idea.

We know the first Gen V is aftermarket deprived and bashing new offerings like this is doing nothing to help you get what you want.

Last edited by itsslow98; 09-19-2013 at 12:09 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Stefan N (01-07-2021)
Old 09-19-2013, 12:03 AM
Launching!

Can't you put in some thicker head gaskets to lower the compression, upgrade your fuel pump and injectors are good, then crank 10-12 psi? I know several boosted gtos that have run fine like that.
Old 09-19-2013, 12:05 AM
Launching!

^^ I completely agree on this one. We should be grateful we have such a killer option for our aging platform. It's not like it's the first aftermarket part for our cars that requires other upgrades as well.
Old 09-19-2013, 10:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

drove this over the weekend and realized no matter what we do to it, our car is a turd... Glad to see the kit is becoming more available but with all the crap dmm dealt with...headaches, headaches, headaches
Attached Thumbnails 04-07 CTS-V Edelbrock E-Force part # pricing finally here-wp_000092.jpg  
Old 09-19-2013, 08:07 PM
Launching!

Can't wait to see the specs on this kit

Quick Reply: 04-07 CTS-V Edelbrock E-Force part # pricing finally here