DFW Beware of service king shop!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2013, 05:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default DFW Beware of service king shop!!!

I highly suggest that everyone should avoid taking any of there vehicles there.the previous saturday i explained how the clutch reacts on the car and how they should drive it accordingly but the neglected to adhere any information i provided

last week i took my car into that shop as stated from the insurance company that is fixing the collision damage, today I received my Z28 from the shop and it was a decent job until i drove the car. not even a 1/4 of a mile and i already could feel and smell that the clutch is burning and that the throttle response is to delayed when in gear, so i pulled over to inspect the car and the undercarriage to find smoke pluming out of the bellhousing. I immediately to the car back to collision center and demanded to see the manager on the damages they've done to the car. he then tried to dispute on that's how it was or thats normal wear to try to get out of fixing it (his extent of automotive knowledge is next to none) in which i replied with i've been driving this car for a few years i believe i know how it handles drives, the car doesnt rev the motor up a bit and then decided to move when the clutch is completely out.

so now i'm in search of a reputable transmission shop in dallas and get someone that deals with performance clutches all to time to fix it.

would anyone have any suggestions?
Old 09-20-2013, 06:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

What exactly did they do to it? I don't know of any operational differences between clutches, so I don't see how they could have burned it, unless they were driving the **** out of the car.
Old 09-20-2013, 06:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Contact Jason at Texas Drivetrain Performance;

http://www.texasdrivetrainperformance.com/

He'll get you hooked up right.
Old 09-21-2013, 07:32 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Z28Dave

last week i took my car into that shop as stated from the insurance company that is fixing the collision damage

would anyone have any suggestions?
That right there was your first mistake. The insurance company cannot tell you where to take your car, whether you are an insured or a claimant. Second mistake was going to a Service King. I personally know what kind of work goes on there. Hope they did not screw your car up too bad.
Old 09-21-2013, 09:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

Based on what you posted, it sound almost like your looking for something for nothing.

Unless I'm reading it wrong it sounds like the clutch was already bad if you had to tell them how to drive it.
Old 09-21-2013, 11:18 AM
On The Tree

the few times ive taken my car to shops for work i have to let them know about my clutch ive got a spec 3 six puck and its very grabby but the service guys still try to baby it and slip the clutch all the time
Old 09-21-2013, 03:32 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

I like watching folks stumble with the 6 puck and kill the car. Pretty funny.
Old 09-21-2013, 03:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Bad Chad
Based on what you posted, it sound almost like your looking for something for nothing.

Unless I'm reading it wrong it sounds like the clutch was already bad if you had to tell them how to drive it.
well no the clutch barely has 10K miles on it and it is a SPEC stage 3 6 puck, very unforgiving because in my car its either in or its out. the day i dropped the car off i showed the driver how it will react. i even offered to drive it in to the shop myself but it is against there store policy.
Old 09-22-2013, 12:37 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TechCam97
Contact Jason at Texas Drivetrain Performance;

http://www.texasdrivetrainperformance.com/

He'll get you hooked up right.
+1 for TDP, they know their ****

i had my T56 rebuilt there about 1.5 yrs ago, and it's been rock solid ever since...had them also do the repair on the mainshaft where it starts to wear out over time and the gears can literally be slid right off by hand, when they're supposed to be press-fit onto the mainshaft....well worth the extra money....it got rid of a driveline vibration that i'd had for quite some time, but could never really narrow down what it was.

the main reason i decided to go with them was because of this thread...i highly recommend reading over it. it was enough to convince me to bring my trans to them all the way from College Station, and they will be the first ones i take it to again if i ever end up needing any more trans work done, without hesitation.
Old 09-22-2013, 03:31 PM
On The Tree

yup my 6 puck is either engage not engaged no slipping it in to gear was a real pain in the *** when i first got it
Old 09-23-2013, 09:34 AM
Staging Lane

I work in collision im a tech and you should call the insurance company and complainif its one of their pro-shops you should get something out of them going to the insurance and complaining.

Quick Reply: DFW Beware of service king shop!!!