Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

G-body fuel pump install info needed

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2013, 08:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default G-body fuel pump install info needed

I've searched & cant find what I need so can someone post info, links, pics on how to mount the fuel pump onto the Monte Carlo 4.3L sending unit and where to put the wires from the fuel pump. I also need to know what size hose to buy to run everything. I'm going to use the Push loc hose. Will I need fittings or anything else to complete the fuel system? I have the 4.3L Monte Carlo tank & sending unit, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Corvette filter/regulator, & I have the LS1 intake.
Old 09-20-2013, 10:45 PM
11 Second Club

Received 59 Likes on 52 Posts

Look here in the first few posts..

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...per-sport.html
Old 09-20-2013, 10:46 PM
Launching!

Wassup veltboy, im subscribed to your youtube channel, did you check the gbody swap thread or The Mervs build thread ? I know the info you seek is in both of those, good luck bruh.
Old 09-20-2013, 10:48 PM
Launching!

That was quick !! Knew that guy ^^^ had it covered
Old 09-20-2013, 11:24 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by the_merv
That thread helped some but I'm still not seeing how the fuel pump was wired. Can you give me more info on that & IIRC there was a fitting I will need on the output side of the filter/regulator to connect the hose going to the fuel rail. Do you have any information on that one & will I need a fitting on the fuel rail also?

Originally Posted by kj598bbc
Wassup veltboy, im subscribed to your youtube channel, did you check the gbody swap thread or The Mervs build thread ? I know the info you seek is in both of those, good luck bruh.
Thanks! Whats your name over there? I searched for about 30-40 minutes & couldn't find the info I was looking for. I did a lot of research before I jumped into the swap & booked marked everything on my computer but it crashed a little while back & I lost it all.
Old 09-21-2013, 01:21 AM
11 Second Club

Received 59 Likes on 52 Posts

Well it depends on what Rail you have..it's a GM 3/8" Quick Disconnect.

Wiring with that is simple..power to the Pump with a Ground, and the signal to the Fuel Level Gauge, aswell as the Ground needed. Wires are Gray, Pink, and Black..if I remmeber right.
Black is the ground, Pink is the Level, and the Gray is the 12v Power.
Old 09-21-2013, 02:05 PM
Launching!

Thanks! Whats your name over there? I searched for about 30-40 minutes & couldn't find the info I was looking for. I did a lot of research before I jumped into the swap & booked marked everything on my computer but it crashed a little while back & I lost it all.[/QUOTE]

Its kjcaprice80, i understand and can relate to the bookmarks and the crashing, I've compiled an entire paper notebook on swap info for that very reason, i always refer to the Mervs thread and several other members here that provide solid info. I'm sure you'll get it figured out.

Quick Reply: G-body fuel pump install info needed