PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need BCM help, car wont start through key, but will start with relay jumped.

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 08:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need BCM help, car wont start through key, but will start with relay jumped.

So, i posted this elsewhere but the solstice forums are useless for anything technical. Not an LS1 but doesn't matter, security and BCMs function similar.

So, fixing a flood damaged solstice. New engine, new everything. I took vats and the clutch switch off with a HPtuners flash.

Worked fine, but I had a cobalt bcm, programming was a bit different for the locks, so I swapped in a BCM from a solstice. Car wont start, go back to the old bcm, car wont start. I did that and forgot to disconnect the battery so may have fried the bcm? But I can no longer connect to it.

I can start the car just by putting it in the on location and jumping the starter relay. Runs fine, that way. I'm just wondering if my bcms would be causing this just because i forgot to disconnect power when I was installing them. The lights on the gauges don't indicate bcm faults.

Whats strange is, it will start occasionally with the key like 1 out of every 50 tries. Slowly starting less and less often over the last 2 days. The BCM is getting the ignition signal. The security light is not blinking, sometimes it comes on and stays on, most times its just off.
Old 09-23-2013, 06:41 PM
Launching!

as you stated its not a ls1 but try to ground the yellow and black wire coming off the relay that's all the bcm does is ground that wire when the pcm tells it its ok to start. you could ground it rite there by the relay. worth a shot
Old 09-23-2013, 08:00 PM
10 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by daddyoisback
as you stated its not a ls1 but try to ground the yellow and black wire coming off the relay that's all the bcm does is ground that wire when the pcm tells it its ok to start. you could ground it rite there by the relay. worth a shot
This x2...eliminates the BCM
Old 09-23-2013, 08:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default what codes it setting

what codes it setting
Old 09-24-2013, 10:03 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 62n62
what codes it setting

There are no codes.

Quick Reply: Need BCM help, car wont start through key, but will start with relay jumped.