Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS2 swap - Scan data issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2013, 11:50 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question LS2 swap - Scan data issue

First I wanted to thank LS1Tech and everyone who provided me with the answers I needed during the LS2 swap.
All I have to say is that I'm glad I don't have sticky rear tires, otherwise I'd be rebuilding the rear end.

I have a question regarding the specs I collected during some troubleshooting the other day.
The engine has been running a little rough, as if there's a miss. I get random misfires which seem to be mostly on Bank 2. While recording the scan data, I noticed that it reports no data for Ijn. PWM Bank 2. The Bank 1 data is between 2-6mv which is within specs according to the service manual.

I assume that if the ECM were getting, or reporting, no data for Inj. PWM for an entire bank, the engine wouldn't run at all. Maybe there actually is Bank 2 PWM data that the ECM see's, but it's not being reported to the scan software.

All other data seem to be within specs. What I don't know is my fuel rail pressure. I don't have a gauge on the fuel line or rail. The Evap. line and solenoid are removed, and the intake port plugged. The Evap and emissions have been turned off so I do not get any Check Engine codes.
I know the Long Term and Short Term Fuel Trims may have something to do with my misfires. The STFT data was just below 0%... between -1 and -3%. I'll have to look at the LTFT again, but the data didn't stand out as grossly out of specs to me.
The Bank 2 O2 sensor data was within specs (10-1000mv), but it read about double what the Bank 1 O2 sensor data reported.

I realize it could be a combination of things, and that I'm probably not giving you all the info needed, but if I knew how the ECM received these Inj. PWM signals in order to report them, I'd have an idea where to start looking. None of the pinouts for the ECM have anything to do with a PWM signal for the injector banks.

Any suggestions? I appreciate the help!

Last edited by HwyStarJoe; 09-22-2013 at 12:30 PM.
Old 09-25-2013, 02:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Upon further investigation, it seems I have more than one Bank 2 issue.
These show the car at temp, idle. Some of the blips in the Fuel Trim charts are when I increased RPM's for a few seconds.

Besides the obvious shown in these graphs, does anything stand out?
Would the loss of Inj. PWM Bank 2 cause the Bank 2 O2 sensor issue shown? The sensor is stagnant.
I can get more data and chart it if need be to help explain things.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails LS2 swap - Scan data issue-inj_pwm_bank1.jpg   LS2 swap - Scan data issue-inj_pwm_bank2.jpg   LS2 swap - Scan data issue-st_ft_bank1.jpg   LS2 swap - Scan data issue-st_ft_bank2.jpg   LS2 swap - Scan data issue-o2_bank1_voltage.jpg  

LS2 swap - Scan data issue-o2_bank2_voltage.jpg   LS2 swap - Scan data issue-lt_ft_bank1.jpg   LS2 swap - Scan data issue-lt_ft_bank2.jpg  

Quick Reply: LS2 swap - Scan data issue