Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1969 Chevelle with 6L90

Old 09-22-2013, 03:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1969 Chevelle with 6L90

I am currently searching for a 6.0 Vortec truck engine to swap into my '69 Chevelle. The question I have is the engine/tranny combo I am looking at has a 6L90. Aside from cutting the floor board to make room for larger tranny, should I expect any other problems with the install?
There is a previous post that modified the engine mounts 4 inches closer to fire wall therefore causing more work needed to modify fire wall, which I do not plan on doing.

Any help with clearance issues for the 6l90 swap will be greatly appreciated!
Old 09-22-2013, 03:31 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You need LS swap mounting plates to put the engine in approximately the same position the old school engine was in. Any plates you find for sale should do that. You can also get adjustable plates to move the engine basically anywhere you need to move it...but they are a lot more money. I think Dirty Dingo is the more popular choice for the adjustable ones.
Old 09-22-2013, 07:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you will need to cut the tunnel without a doubt -larger tunnel, stock console may not fit . manual/tap shifter needed to get you into all gears in manual mode ( you can have p r n d but if you want to manually shift into lower gears it is done electrically ) . gear indicator ? speartech is the only one that i know that has an indicator ( built into their guage ) I dont see the need to modify firewall for engine .JOHN

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1969 Chevelle with 6L90