Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Necessary Mods Using An LS1 ECM On A 5.3

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 03:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Necessary Mods Using An LS1 ECM On A 5.3

I'm running a stand alone wiring harness and matching mail order-tuned ECM to run my 5.3. I have an older version of HP Tuners with 1998-2000 LS1 F-car credits. No other credits can be purchased for this HP Tuner package. I want to copy the tune on my current ECM and install it on a 1999 LS1 F-car ECM I have purchased. Is this possible? Will I have to change certain sensors...like the MAF , the oxygen sensors or??? Injectors flow very similiar between the LS1 and truck injectors so I think I'm good there.
Old 09-23-2013, 06:24 PM
TECH Resident

My 5.3 ECM was flashed with an 01 F-body tune (was running F_body injectors, intake, and cam). It ran fine, though a bit rich. Nothing in the tune was altered.

You will have to buy credits to simple copy the tune, but you can copy table by table without extra credits.
Old 09-24-2013, 05:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by i r teh noobz
My 5.3 ECM was flashed with an 01 F-body tune (was running F_body injectors, intake, and cam). It ran fine, though a bit rich. Nothing in the tune was altered.

You will have to buy credits to simple copy the tune, but you can copy table by table without extra credits.
So it's sounds like I can do just the opposite. That is copy my 5.3 tune and flash it onto the F-body ECM. I wonder how much I'll have to alter it...if at all, to recognize the truck MAF, truck oxy sensors, etc.

Quick Reply: Necessary Mods Using An LS1 ECM On A 5.3