Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

New Car-2000 SS. New Member help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2013, 12:18 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Car-2000 SS. New Member help!

Hey guys, so I picked up a new car a little over a week ago, a 2000 SS M6. The car is pretty original with 57,xxx on it. Just wondering what you guys can tell me about the options the car has, as I didn't get any documentation, or even the frickin' owners manual. Guy lost one set of keys too.....I already called SLP and got some info on it, #1813, and some sort of upgraded suspension and an exhaust package over a base SS. That's what the nice lady told me when I was checking its authenticity before buying. The car does have an AAM aluminum diff cover, does this mean it has an Auburn carrier? Anything you can tell me would be great. I am new to using the forum so if I did anything annoying or wrong, just let me know. I tried attaching a picture, but got a server error. I will try putting it on another post.....
Old 09-24-2013, 12:26 AM
Teching In

Direct pic now!
Attached Thumbnails New Car-2000 SS. New Member help!-spi-label-shrunk-1.jpg  

Last edited by 79ChevyGuy; 09-24-2013 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Switched to uploaded photo.
Old 09-24-2013, 08:28 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You only received the upgraded differential if they mentioned it to you when you called SLP. It's likely just the cover (which isn't a bad thing to have!).
Old 09-24-2013, 09:04 AM
Teching In

Well, guess the first thing I'll do is call SLP again. I know the 2nd owner didn't change anything with the rear end, and he bought it at 31K when it was only 3 years old and all stock. Guess SLP will know! Can anyone break down the RPO codes for my car? How can I get an options sheet print out or build sheet?
Old 09-24-2013, 01:00 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

The SLP options aren't actually in the RPO codes. WU8 simply designates that it's a SS; Y2Y is so that people could add SLP options. There was a separate sticker which would explain the options it came with.
Old 09-24-2013, 01:06 PM
Staging Lane

Sorry, I cannot pull the build info from GM...GMVIIS did not start until mid year/late 2000...Your VIN is not in the system..
Old 09-24-2013, 01:59 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by demonspeed
The SLP options aren't actually in the RPO codes. WU8 simply designates that it's a SS; Y2Y is so that people could add SLP options. There was a separate sticker which would explain the options it came with.
That would be the SLP door jam stickers correct? They are pretty faded on my car. I have seen some SLP window sticker style sheets with other SS cars, but I never got any paperwork or even the owners manual. Would that be available as a re-print from SLP? I'd like to have a paper document from them on the options, not just what they tell me over the phone. Im not sure what all I am missing anyway, so if somebody knows what I should have for documentation that'd be helpful. Texasless thanks for checking into that. I called the a dealer and they have a GM RPO printout for me, its a start anyway.
Old 09-24-2013, 03:51 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

It seems as though whatever they printed those SLP stickers with simply didn't hold up over the years, so it's not odd that yours are faded.

I believe one can order a "birth certificate" from SLP, otherwise, you'd likely want to see if you can track down former owners via DMV records or even searching through any old forum posts where people list their build numbers.

As for deciphering RPO codes, try www.compnine.com

Quick Reply: New Car-2000 SS. New Member help!