Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question for Nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2013, 02:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Question for Nitrous

I've been toying around just putting a 100-125 shot on my car instead of going FI since I really don't drive it much...~500 miles a year at most. Right now I'm just doing research since I don't know much about it.

My concern is when I did H/C I kissed one of the valves on one piston while rolling the motor over by hand due to a stupid mistake. The valve was replaced but It did leave slight indent on the piston which I cleaned up with a roloc disk to make sure there were no rough edges. I was talking to my friend who is a gear head and he said it may create a "hot-spot" if I spray it. Was just wondering if this would be an issue.

Thanks!!
Old 09-24-2013, 02:49 PM
FormerVendor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by BrntWS6
I've been toying around just putting a 100-125 shot on my car instead of going FI since I really don't drive it much...~500 miles a year at most. Right now I'm just doing research since I don't know much about it.

My concern is when I did H/C I kissed one of the valves on one piston while rolling the motor over by hand due to a stupid mistake. The valve was replaced but It did leave slight indent on the piston which I cleaned up with a roloc disk to make sure there were no rough edges. I was talking to my friend who is a gear head and he said it may create a "hot-spot" if I spray it. Was just wondering if this would be an issue.

Thanks!!
I think you should be alright at that horsepower level. This is a stock piston right?
Old 09-24-2013, 02:56 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by brandon@nitrousoutlet
I think you should be alright at that horsepower level. This is a stock piston right?

Yes.....stock piston. At what level do you think it may be an issue?
Old 09-24-2013, 03:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

If it's a very slight nick then i'd have no worries. HCI + 100 shot = lot's of fun
Old 09-24-2013, 03:20 PM
TECH Addict

Yeah....it is very slight. After I cleaned up all the build up on the piston it was hard to see.
Old 09-26-2013, 03:58 PM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HCI2000SS
If it's a very slight nick then i'd have no worries. HCI + 100 shot = lot's of fun
Yes!

On a side note, nitrous is fun, affordable and simple. It's there when you need it, and when you want to go fast, simple as that. I don't see that "nick" causing any issues for you, go have some fun and stay safe!

-Garrett
Old 09-26-2013, 04:33 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BrntWS6

Thanks!!
That nick will be fine, I did the same thing a few years ago while helping a friend install a cam. We live and learn.....

Quick Reply: Question for Nitrous