Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ordered Patriot heads, what else?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2004, 11:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ordered Patriot heads, what else?

I decided to go with the Patriot Stage II LS6 heads. I cant remember exactly what the chamber size was but i remember the compression will be just under 11:1. The heads are coming with felpro gaskets and head bolts. I am going to use the install instructions on www.ls1howto.com. my 99 TA is bone stock. Is there ANYTHING at all else that i need to get or know before i start the install? And are there any tips, not mentioned on ls1howto, that i should know? this will be a first for me and I want to make sure I dont encounter any problems. Is there anything (adjusting) etc that I have to do to the heads or are they ready to bolt on right out of the box? thanks
Old 05-03-2004, 11:10 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

First off, if you car is bone stock, your going in the wrong direction. You won't see near the gains unless you have headers, exaust, lid and so forth first. Then again, to answer your question, the heads are ready to go. Just follow the instructions and you should be fine.
Old 05-03-2004, 11:15 PM
10 Second Club

Well, first expect to have problems. Be prepared, because something always seems to happen. It's how well prepared you are that will make the difference. The heads are ready to go, but it's always wise to have a shop check them out first.
Old 05-03-2004, 11:48 PM
On The Tree

Default .

Originally Posted by Beast96Z
First off, if you car is bone stock, your going in the wrong direction. You won't see near the gains unless you have headers, exaust, lid and so forth first. Then again, to answer your question, the heads are ready to go. Just follow the instructions and you should be fine.
beast, i am getting headers, exhaust, lid etc. I just wanted to get the heads first, then gather the rest of the stuff in the near future.
Old 05-04-2004, 11:34 PM
Launching!

They are ready to bolt on except swapping the coolant plugs and temperture sensor off your old heads. Just take your time and follow those instructions and make sure all the old gasket material is removed.