Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Here we go again: Turbo built .2

Old 09-26-2013, 11:37 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Here we go again: Turbo built .2

I don't need to get into details about the "break in" and "theft" of the twin kit that was being built a few years ago. Most already know. With that hit, I've decided to simplify this build.
It made sence to start with the engine. Scrutinizing everything on the car, as I discovered many loose bolts here and there. Engine is in the hands of one of the best builders in the country, Billy Briggs, who happens to be close.
Tear down shows the engine in good shape, other than water that made it to a cylinder, and will need cleaning up. Thinking of throwing what parts I can into a new LSX block, but crunching numbers, seems that would destroy the rest of my build.
So for now, it's a 6.0 iron block, dowled billet main caps, Callies dragonslayer 4", Howard rods, and a piston I'm not sure of the brand. AFR 225. Sold the Mamo FAST, picked up a ls6 intake. Urban turbo cam is supposed to be in it, waiting on confirmation of that. Potential changes here and there, such as intake.

Turbo: decided to go single. I prefer the quality of the Garret, but loving the results I see with the BW. I'm open to suggestions there. Goals are to get as much as I can out of the 6.0 as I can, without running the ragged edge. So 1000-1100.
Fuel system, I'm going dual in tank, stock lines, even if that limits me to the 800 rwhp range. By the time I get all the other bugs worked out, I'll be ready to step up the lines and up the power. I'll find the limits of the stock system. Going with upgraded fuel rails, and the appropriate injector to handle E-85.

Open to thought on the turbo selection. Need quick spool with insane upper power. I don't want to switch turbos every year. The exhaust will choke it a bit. I'm thinking of a 4" over the axle, maybe split to 3.5's on each side.

Cage is certified to 8.5, so looking at that as a goal. Tire is a 315 MT, so it hooks as good as it can. Yes it is street driven. Would love to be driving the car in the spring. Go ahead and fire away with thoughts and or suggestions.
Old 09-26-2013, 11:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I would look into a GT5088 for your goals, thats what I would run, should spool good on a 400+" motor, and should pull to 6-6.5K.
Old 09-26-2013, 12:32 PM
TECH Addict

Is that one good to 1400 rwhp? I've collected a list from my research the last few months. That one is on there.
Old 09-26-2013, 08:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

1400rwhp, no, maybe flywheel. 1400rwhp is like 1600hp, no way a non-6-bolt engine will hold that. Not without 1/2 studs and an O-Ring, even then I doubt it. If you want 1400rwhp you're looking a GT55-94 or something similar.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Here we go again: Turbo built .2