Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speed Sensor problem? And anyone know the part number?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2004, 03:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Speed Sensor problem? And anyone know the part number?

I got a performance trans installed, along with a Yank SS4000. I have had problems with the rebuilt tranmisions I got from this shop(have had it rebuilt three times under warranty in the past 3 months) but now it seems good, except that it wont **** under WOT.I wouldn't be suprised if it is the trans that is at fault, because everytime I have had them rebuilt the trans under warranty, somethine else fuckes up when I get it back. The first time I got it rebuilt there the trans didn't seem to be putting the power down, as if it was slightly slipping. I drove it and a few weeks later 3rd gear went out.
Got it fixed under warranty, drove good this time for about 6 days, then 3rd gear went out. With all of these rebuilts, under WOT the car wouldn't shift, it would just keep revving until the rev limiter at around 6700. Got it rebuilt again, and so far I have been at around 2.5 weeks with it being perfect, except it wont shift under Wot, but it also rev like before. IF I go past 5600 rpms, it seems to slip almost. . The pcm is tuned for a Vig 3600/3800. So would the addition of the larger 4000 stall converter mess with the shifting? It revs good, but when you go past around 5600 rpms it over revs and seems to slip almost, then if you let go of the gas, it will shift on its own. Or if I use the gear selector, it will shift. I am getting the shift points adjusted at the end of the month, but do you think this is the problem? I am thinking I might as well just change the Speed Sensor just to be sure. Anyone know the part number for it? I did use the search function, but didn't find the # listed. Anyone know it? . thanks
Sorry if its long, I tried to use commas and periods and proper punctioation as much as possible

Last edited by Jimmy P; 05-04-2004 at 03:52 AM.
Old 06-20-2005, 12:21 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ttt....need the speed sensor part # too
Old 06-20-2005, 02:15 AM
Launching!

autozone part # SU1089

mine is doing the same thing but only the 1-2 shift, and when I changed the sensor it worked for a while then today started doing it again. I had some one tell me it could be the tranny mount letting the trans move around to much, or a bad ground, or a short in the wire. If you find a solution please let me know LOL.
Old 06-20-2005, 10:46 AM
11 Second Club

well my problem is banging rev limited on 1-2 and 2-3

i think the tranny is done but im going for cheaper solutions first