Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

T56 tough shift issue....

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 12:53 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default T56 tough shift issue....

I recently rebuilt my T56 in the camaro and installed a Spec 3 clutch. I installed a new pilot bearing and a new slave as well. I measured and shimmed the flywheel cut difference while I was there also. I have bled the master several times and tried a few tricks that I have found online to get the clutch hydraulics and pedal to feel as normal as possible. Now I'm at the point of frustration because I still have a very notchy shift. When I say notchy I mean as I'm shifting whether up shifting or down shifting the shift level feels like it hits a wall before going into each gear. At this point I have to really force the shifter to "pop" into position. It feels as if the clutch isn't completely disengaged while I'm shifting.I have pulled the master cylinder and even performed the drill mod and that didn't seem to help any. The only part of the hydraulic system that I haven't replaced is the master. I'm leaning towards buying the tick unit but I just want to eliminate all other option first. Anyone got any ideas suggestions? Anyone have good luck bleeding the clutch want to give it a shot?
Old 10-02-2013, 01:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's my guess to your problem. I installed my spec 3 as well to the old stock unit and it eventually gave out to were it could no longer build enough pressure to release the clutch. The tickmaster cylinder is a great product!

Quick Reply: T56 tough shift issue....