Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

msd 6012 cam sensor plug will not work

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 08:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default msd 6012 cam sensor plug will not work

i have ls2 engine with the msd 6012 box and everything plugs n except the cam sensor in the cam cover. So i cut the nipple out sensor and and made it fit. car is hard to start and i had laptop plug in box and it says cam sensor failure but later on started after spitting and popping. do they make an adapter for that or what i need to do? also its an after market cam and bought brand new cam sensor and same thing came up.
Old 10-03-2013, 10:17 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you swap the outer 2 wires? i had the exact same thing on mine when I got it running. A buddy that was familiar with the swaps told me to swap the wires. If you use the gm jumper harness off the cam sensor, it swaps the wires for you, but if you plug straight into the sensor, you need to swap them. I work at a dealership, so I just cut a connector off a old harness and put my wires in that body so I didnt have to trim the tab on sensor or connector, it just plugged straight up.
Old 10-03-2013, 01:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fast89stang
Did you swap the outer 2 wires? i had the exact same thing on mine when I got it running. A buddy that was familiar with the swaps told me to swap the wires. If you use the gm jumper harness off the cam sensor, it swaps the wires for you, but if you plug straight into the sensor, you need to swap them. I work at a dealership, so I just cut a connector off a old harness and put my wires in that body so I didnt have to trim the tab on sensor or connector, it just plugged straight up.
Ok thanks Ill do that when I get home. Wish I had an old ls1 harness.

Quick Reply: msd 6012 cam sensor plug will not work