PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any users of the Dynojet Wideband Commander?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2004, 01:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any users of the Dynojet Wideband Commander?

I wanted to find out if anyone succeeded to get the rpm signal reading with the Wideband Commander unit? I tried both the tach signal from the PCM as well as connecting directly to the coil and it is not working. And without the rpm signal the unit is pretty useless as it is imposible to analize log files...
If anyone did make it work please describe the proper method. Thanks.

And by the way I do have a shift light and NX Maximizer connected to the PCM tach signal and both units work fine with it.
Old 05-05-2004, 10:27 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by marcink
I wanted to find out if anyone succeeded to get the rpm signal reading with the Wideband Commander unit? I tried both the tach signal from the PCM as well as connecting directly to the coil and it is not working. And without the rpm signal the unit is pretty useless as it is imposible to analize log files...
If anyone did make it work please describe the proper method. Thanks.

And by the way I do have a shift light and NX Maximizer connected to the PCM tach signal and both units work fine with it.
I have it, and had great difficulty getting the tach signal working. I tapped in right at the #10 wire on the red connector at the PCM. I am running a MSD window switch off the same tap. I found that unless I pulled the tap wire tight, I would get a shitty intermittent signal, and the voltage on the line would fluctuate around 2 volts. When I pull the line tight (sounds stupid I know but it works!) the voltage climbs to around 5-6 volts and the commander picks it up.

All I can say is keep working the tap wire, or re-tap completely, until you get a nice 5-6v signal on the line. At that point your commander should pick it up. also, set your RPM sensitivity to HIGH in your device settings.
Old 05-19-2004, 02:03 PM
8 Second Club

great info, is this true for all models (especially 99)
how abot the throttle position wire, which wire on the sensor do i tap into? and which wire would it be on the pcm?
Old 09-11-2004, 11:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Draco
I have it, and had great difficulty getting the tach signal working. I tapped in right at the #10 wire on the red connector at the PCM. I am running a MSD window switch off the same tap. I found that unless I pulled the tap wire tight, I would get a shitty intermittent signal, and the voltage on the line would fluctuate around 2 volts. When I pull the line tight (sounds stupid I know but it works!) the voltage climbs to around 5-6 volts and the commander picks it up.

All I can say is keep working the tap wire, or re-tap completely, until you get a nice 5-6v signal on the line. At that point your commander should pick it up. also, set your RPM sensitivity to HIGH in your device settings.

Can you explain this more please. I am thinking aboug gettings the wbc but Im not sure what you mean. Is there a better stationary kit? Price is not THAT big of a deal