Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Meziere Race Pump Fitting Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2013, 07:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Meziere Race Pump Fitting Question

I am installing the HD Race pump and if facing the pump the top left side has a port. The pump came with two fittings. One appears to be a -12 plug. The other is a -12 plug with a reducer fitting and I can't tell what size.

I want to run my nitrous outlet coolant cross over kit which will fit onto a 1/4 npt thread. Any ideas on what to do here?
Old 10-06-2013, 12:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

What years and style car are and radiator do is this going in?

did you buy the pump new? It should come with a fitting installed in the top left that should be 1 1/2 I believe. The threads on the pump are not -12, but 1" NPT. Depending on were you what the lower rad hose most plug one of the lowers fitting with the plug an get a fitting for the other lower spot 1 1/4 or 1 1/2 depending on what you need.

For getting a fitting to feed the heads, you could drill and tap a hole in to top somewhere that going into the water passange. Or the thread in fitting have a little room, under were the last barb the hose will fit. You could fit a 1/4 NPT there I bet.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by studderin
What years and style car are and radiator do is this going in?

did you buy the pump new? It should come with a fitting installed in the top left that should be 1 1/2 I believe. The threads on the pump are not -12, but 1" NPT. Depending on were you what the lower rad hose most plug one of the lowers fitting with the plug an get a fitting for the other lower spot 1 1/4 or 1 1/2 depending on what you need.

For getting a fitting to feed the heads, you could drill and tap a hole in to top somewhere that going into the water passange. Or the thread in fitting have a little room, under were the last barb the hose will fit. You could fit a 1/4 NPT there I bet.
It is the WP119 (part number) 42GPM Heavy Duty Motor pump. No idler. I am only going to be driving an alternator.

The bottom of the pump has two big ports 1" NPT. One side is plugged the other has the water inlet part from Meziere threaded in.

The top left side has a smaller port - I tried threading a few different size NPT's threads into that part of the pump and it won't work. Leads me to believe it is AN threads on that side. The pump came with two options for this port. One is a plug. The other is open with a reducer built in already. No NPT or AN fittings that I have will thread into that fitting from Meziere either.

I will call Meziere tomorrow for some guidance but was hoping someone else has dealt with this already.
Old 10-08-2013, 01:08 PM
Staging Lane

The thread is a wierd 11/16" thread, you will not find anything that fits. Meziere sells a part that will have a 3/8" female NPT. Or you can just drill and tap the plug.

Call Meziere and they will help you.
Old 10-08-2013, 07:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I was looking at my black pump today I didn't even notice that plug on the side there. Now I know ,, thats weird 11/16? not sure why?
Old 10-09-2013, 11:26 AM
Staging Lane

The port is there for machining access to make the internal ports. Why the odd ball size probably because it is the same size used on the BB Mopar pump. It is a o-ring seal and not npt to keep it shallow.

Quick Reply: Meziere Race Pump Fitting Question