Sponsored by:

1968 El Camino LS1 Swap** Help Needed**

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 02:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1968 El Camino LS1 Swap** Help Needed**

Greeting LS1 Tech,

I am the owner of a 1968 El Camino that has a stock 350 motor and trans.
After doing some research I found that the LS1 motors are a great upgrade to old cars. So after saving some cash I finally was able to purchase an ls1 motor and 4l60e trans out of a 1999 firebird. So I think this one is a genIII ls1 5.3. I have the cabling harness, the computer and all accessories that came with it.

So far I have taken off the alternator, smog pump and power steering pump. I don't need the smog pump and both the alternator and power steering pump need to be replaced as they were broken.

My goal is to put the least amount of money in the swap as possible but I do not want to sacrifice quality and reliability. I could sure use some help with the following.

1. Whats need to install the motor? Mount types, oil pan, transmission cross member?

2. Can I use the stock power steering pump? Does it need to be relocated?
3. Does the alternator need to be relocated? If so whats recommended as an aftermarket relocation setup?

4. As far as fuel goes, can I use my stock gas tank? If so what do I need to do to make this work? A frame mounted fuel pump and fuel injection hoses.

5. The end of the transmission did not come with the yok or connector to the drive shaft. How would I go about getting one of those ? Website or location?

Any links to sites or other parts of the forum would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the assistance.

Any help or advice give is really appreciated.

Thanks

- Ashpot007
Attached Thumbnails 1968 El Camino LS1 Swap** Help Needed**-elco1.jpg   1968 El Camino LS1 Swap** Help Needed**-elco05.jpg   1968 El Camino LS1 Swap** Help Needed**-elc04.jpg   1968 El Camino LS1 Swap** Help Needed**-elco3.jpg   1968 El Camino LS1 Swap** Help Needed**-elco2.jpg  

Quick Reply: 1968 El Camino LS1 Swap** Help Needed**