Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

M12 Z06 trans options

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 08:10 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default M12 Z06 trans options

So I recently swapped my M12 trans for a base model vette trans because I had grinding in 3rd and 4th gear. and with the 3.90 rear end it was shifting every 5 feet.

so my big question is, is what is it worth right now as it sits? the vette has 80k so im assuming the trans is 80k as well but i was told it was a built trans (doubt it). as it sits it doesnt have the reverse lockout solenoid or the reverse indication switch on the side of the trans as well. the trans would go into gear and stay there but would grind most of the time going into 3rd and 4th. i havent drained it yet to see if there are any metal shavings in the fluid but i can.

and the new trans (used) i bought from corvette forum seems to have a 2nd gear issue with it wanting to pop out of gear. so i am really selling this to either rebuild my m6 or just buy a new trans/setup (c6Z)

would it be worth it to have the m12 rebuilt and then sell it or sell it as is and take the hit on price? what are the prices for a rebuilt m12 for sale and what i could get for mine as is. thanks for your input.

kind of in a hard spot for money so rebuilding to sell is out of the question for a few months so i can sit on this if its really worth rebuilding and selling.

Quick Reply: M12 Z06 trans options