*LMR Cold Air Induction for Stingray*

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 08:45 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exclamation *LMR Cold Air Induction for Stingray*

Just letting everyone know we are in the process of building our prototype Cold Air Induction System. We will be testing a few different versions over the next couple weeks to come up with the best system possible. Once our system is complete we will offer a LS1Tech group buy special price. Anyone interested in a system please feel free to contact us to get on the list.

Email Support@latemodelracecraft.com to sign up

Last edited by Worm Boy; 10-09-2013 at 09:09 AM.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:13 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Old 10-10-2013, 11:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

I alwasy wondered how much power a 3rd party shop can improve when General Motors spent millions developing the car. Granted they need to appease the masses and build a car that will cover a blanket number of customers but I've always been skeptical of things like this.

There's a video of Jay Leno's garage reviewing a 302 Boss with a FOrd engineer and Jay poses the similar question to which the Ford engineer dictates "this is the best you can do." Essentially, they were saying CAI's were bogus

Seeing as you're on the other side of that coin I'd really like to know what your response would be. Something has to give otherwise the factory would've built it that way.
Old 10-10-2013, 07:20 PM
On The Tree

The factory is worried about cost, emissions, as well as raised interior engine noise with kits like this. For the enthusiast emissions and cost is not a worry; while the more engine noise the better.
Old 10-10-2013, 07:28 PM
On The Tree

As far as the ford engineer goes; he is there to sell a product. So when he states "this is the best you can do"; he is trying to sell the mindset that his product is superior
Old 10-11-2013, 01:50 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ckyconan2003
I alwasy wondered how much power a 3rd party shop can improve when General Motors spent millions developing the car. Granted they need to appease the masses and build a car that will cover a blanket number of customers but I've always been skeptical of things like this.

There's a video of Jay Leno's garage reviewing a 302 Boss with a FOrd engineer and Jay poses the similar question to which the Ford engineer dictates "this is the best you can do." Essentially, they were saying CAI's were bogus

Seeing as you're on the other side of that coin I'd really like to know what your response would be. Something has to give otherwise the factory would've built it that way.

This is some funny chit. Probably among the stupidest comments I've ever read.

Do us a favor and go back to YouTube and listening to Jay Leno.
Old 10-11-2013, 05:25 AM
Teching In

Lmao what a ******* fail..

You Hit it right on the money winters
Old 10-15-2013, 08:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 02ls1gun
The factory is worried about cost, emissions, as well as raised interior engine noise with kits like this. For the enthusiast emissions and cost is not a worry; while the more engine noise the better.
Thanks for the answer. I figured it was along those lines but was always curious.
Old 10-15-2013, 11:42 AM
Teching In

no pics no care
Old 10-15-2013, 09:03 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 02ls1gun
You are 100 percent correct. If you look at the stock air system there is so much done to keep NOISE down so you do not hear the air actually going into the engine. Our system on the other hand......well lets just say we are looking for HP gains, emissions and noise complaints are not at the top of our to do list.
Old 10-19-2013, 12:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Late Model Racecraft
We all know that is a miserable, hard and unappreciated job you guys do. But we know some unfortunate soul has to do it. LOL.
Old 10-19-2013, 10:14 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ckyconan2003

I can't imagine that this is a serious comment. How could you even find a board like ls1tech without knowing the advantages aftermarket parts have on factory vehicles? Granted there are some factory parts that are good up to certain HP levels, but to generalize factory designs as the best it could ever get is ignorant. If that was the case why wouldn't Nascar run factory vehicles? Why would SEMA even exist? I think we have a troll on our hands.
Old 10-19-2013, 03:32 PM
11 Second Club

Even moving from one aftermarket CAI to another I have seen a car back to back dyno and pickup HP.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:03 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

subscribing