Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Drive shaft vibration???

Old 10-11-2013, 01:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drive shaft vibration???

So I just got my car running again for the first time in a year. Did opti, icm, plugs, wires, and a complete suspension overhaul consisting of Strano springs, Eibach front and rear anti roll bars, bilstein shocks and struts, UMI LCAs with relocation brackets, panhard bar, upper and lower A-arms.

Last time I drove the car, I noticed that whenever I get around 90+mph, there's a really strong vibration. I let my dad drive and he thinks it's the driveshaft needingto be rebalanced.

Well today I was doing some cruising around to make sure everything works good, cooling system is running right, etc. Well NOW there's a bad vibration just from first and it continues. I can hear it pretty well with the windows down. It tends to die down whever I slow down or it sits in idle for a little bit. Could it be the driveshaft still, or any components with the driveshaft?

Car is a 94 TA, M6
Old 10-11-2013, 05:28 PM
Staging Lane

First thing u need to do is step on the clutch while ur driving and verify that the vibration disapear or no. If it does then u might have a problem with the clutch..
If u had vibration on the speed of 90 mph verify if it diapers above the speed of 110 . If it did then u might wana check ur tires or rebalance the wheels
Old 10-11-2013, 06:00 PM
On The Tree

In going in to a shop to have my lower a-arms installed and get an alignment. I'll have them rebalance everything.

The vibration is still there after I push in the clutch.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Drive shaft vibration???