Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

SCCA class question

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2013, 05:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default SCCA class question

I am trying to get into auto-xing next month but can't figure out which class I should register as. Mods are in sig and it seems like I could go into a couple different classes. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 10-13-2013, 07:20 PM
TECH Regular

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Yeah, you can fit in a few different ones.
For a first timer, they're more interested in looking at your car from a safety standpoint.
As long as you have a good helmet, your lugs are tight, battery clamped down and nothing hanging or falling off your car, they'll let you run.
Also no floormats or loose items inside.
If you can see the already registered cars ahead of time, pick the classs you fit in, with the least amount of cars.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:59 PM
Teching In

I would suspect your class would be Super Street Modified (SSM) due to the internal engine work.
Old 10-25-2013, 06:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

wow that is going to be one hard car to drive fast in Autocross. You want SSM or XP if pax isn't a concern, either way if you are on street tires its going to be a handful.
Old 10-28-2013, 12:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by camarokid91
wow that is going to be one hard car to drive fast in Autocross. You want SSM or XP if pax isn't a concern, either way if you are on street tires its going to be a handful.
I have no idea what PAX is, but I know they do it here in hawaii. And I know it will be hard to drive fast, especially how small our course is, but I have no other way to enjoy the car so i gonna give it a try.
Old 10-28-2013, 09:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by lookin4aTA
I have no idea what PAX is, but I know they do it here in hawaii. And I know it will be hard to drive fast, especially how small our course is, but I have no other way to enjoy the car so i gonna give it a try.
Do it up. Should be tons of fun. I started racing with 440hp motor and it was a blast.

Quick Reply: SCCA class question