Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weird problem with my 4l60

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2004, 11:20 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weird problem with my 4l60

the problem is at wide WOT it will not shift into second 3/4 throttle it shifts but at a very high rpm and at 1/4 it shift normal --speedo is set for the 4:10s but it seems like a programming issue --anyone with a 3500ish stall runnin 4:10s and its shifting fine --if so i need to find out the ls1edit stuff to correct it --it seems to be tps vs speed type of thing any help would be great
Old 05-04-2004, 11:58 PM
10 Second Club

I have a pt4000 and 4:10's. Mine shifts fine, they just happen kinda fast. normal driving, it's in overdrive at about 35-40 and locks up about 45. Not sure what speed it shifts into second under full throttle. Sorry. My previous tranny started doing what you're talking about. It was really slow on shifting into second, but every other gear was fine. Ended up being a band or clutch or something, I just replaced tranny. I'd try everything I could with the edit before pulling my tranny. Sorry for the long post w/ no answer. Good luck, if I get a chance, I'll see what speed it shifts at WOT.

Chris
Old 05-06-2004, 09:22 PM
11 Second Club

no my tranny shifts fine -but at exactly 3/4 throttle it seems like it wants to go into first or it just hits the revlimitter -its funny i can ease into it on the x way but as soon as it gets to 3/4 throttle it just revs --the clutches arent slipping it seems like it just freaks out and doesnt know what gear to go into
Old 05-07-2004, 08:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by GrapeApe
no my tranny shifts fine -but at exactly 3/4 throttle it seems like it wants to go into first or it just hits the revlimitter -its funny i can ease into it on the x way but as soon as it gets to 3/4 throttle it just revs --the clutches arent slipping it seems like it just freaks out and doesnt know what gear to go into
my lt1 did that when i set the shift points too high on the hpp3 and was hitting the rev limiter.