Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New member!

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 07:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member!

Def not new to the site I have used ls1tech for a year now reading the forums finally decided to join. After about a year of research I decided to buy a 2000 camaro and look forward to building it! So much great information comes from this site finally glad to be a member and owner of an ls1.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:57 PM
TECH Regular

Welcome to LS1Tech. What are ur plans for ur Camaro?
Old 10-15-2013, 01:58 AM

Thanks. I def want to build the motor nothing crazy, keep it n/a, cam, headers, and ls6 intake. I think first I'm gonna build the suspension. I still want to use it as a daily driver but dont want any chance of gt stangs be able to hang! Got any advice?
Old 10-15-2013, 03:04 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Brandon Davidson
Thanks. I def want to build the motor nothing crazy, keep it n/a, cam, headers, and ls6 intake. I think first I'm gonna build the suspension. I still want to use it as a daily driver but dont want any chance of gt stangs be able to hang! Got any advice?
If i could restart my build over again i would do suspension first. Things like sfc's, rear diff, body mounted torque arms. What are u setting it up for.
Old 10-15-2013, 10:49 AM

From what I've gathered suspension is the first thing to do when building. Mainly setting it up to be a daily driver, I would like to take it to right around 400.
Old 10-15-2013, 06:34 PM
TECH Regular

Thats definitely doable and should help keep a smile on ur face.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:41 PM

What came would best fit that goal, I feel like I cannot decide what would be best for what I want? I know a couple guys running hot cams and pacesetters with a lid but they worry because the temp it runs fraction over 210.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:19 PM
TECH Regular

The best advice i can give u on cams is to get one spec'd out for u by a sponsor. Pat G, Brian Tooley, Martin@Tick all spec cams. I havent seen any threads about hot cams making a engine run hot but but idk. My 408 has 236/242 @ 0.500" lift on 113LSA+3 and the car runs at the same temp that my ls1 did. I learned the best way to hit a power goal is to decide what heads, intake, and exhaust u want to run then have a cam spec'd out for what u are gonna run. I would imagine some ported 243's, a FAST intake, and some tsp headers with the right cam would get u there but i bet if u ask around u can probably get some one who's making the power u wanna make tell u what hes running.
Old 10-17-2013, 12:03 AM

Yeah i doubt the cam was the reason for their engine temp. Yeah I was thinking about doing what you recommened, I've read a couple threads that people are reaching 400+ with this set up. When does it become important to use a bigger throttle body, I always see people talking about using 82mm,105mm, etc? I will def have to get with the sponsors when the time comes. Probably wait to get back to the mainland to do the cam they charge like 120 a pull for the Dyno over here.
Old 10-17-2013, 04:43 AM
TECH Regular

Yeah i doubt the cam was the reason for their engine temp. Yeah I was thinking about doing what you recommened, I've read a couple threads that people are reaching 400+ with this set up. When does it become important to use a bigger throttle body, I always see people talking about using 82mm,105mm, etc? I will def have to get with the sponsors when the time comes. Probably wait to get back to the mainland to do the cam they charge like 120 a pull for the Dyno over here.
Damn 120 a pull is crazy. On the throttle body i always match the size of the intake to the throttle body. Or u can do what i did and run a slightly larger throttle body. My LS3 intake is 90mm and im running a 92mm throttle body. A couple thing i can can think of that could make ur buddies hot cammed cars run hot is, they might need a new or colder thermostat or they didnt bleed the coolant system after the cam swap.
Old 10-17-2013, 05:32 PM

Yeah everything is crazy priced in hawaii. i got an alignment here and my own curiosity prompted me to get a quote on new rotors and pads 1500 just for standard brakes and pads at the Goodyear store. that makes sense then obviously you wouldn't want to restrict your intake with the stock tb.
Old 10-17-2013, 08:47 PM
TECH Regular

Wow well i guess im never moving to hawaii then. I bet its nice this time of year though.
Old 10-17-2013, 09:56 PM

Yeah just visit, anytime of the year is nice consistently 85 degrees year round for the most part. California has just as nice beaches.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:06 PM
Banned

im making around 400 rwhp with stock intake, pacesetter headers (long tubes), ported 243 heads, and a mild cam (231/235 617/621 113+3 LSA) my rwtrq is lower than 400 but not much really. 400rwhp is easy to get out of these cars from what i have been reading as well. once you have that power it wont take long till you want more. the other problems you will run into is the transmission if you have the 4L60e mine blew when all i had was headers and a lid and tune i even lost a drag race against a friend bc it blew during the race. Either way congrats on the car hope you enjoy it and dont be afraid to ask anything in here, there is a lot of people that can answer your questions. and post pics please.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:35 PM
TECH Regular

Yeah just visit, anytime of the year is nice consistently 85 degrees year round for the most part. California has just as nice beaches.
Yes we do have some nice beaches here but the water is never as clear as Hawaii. I went to Maui when i was a kid but i would get board on a island if i was on one for an extended period of time.
Old 10-18-2013, 02:47 AM

Originally Posted by "MAC"
im making around 400 rwhp with stock intake, pacesetter headers (long tubes), ported 243 heads, and a mild cam (231/235 617/621 113+3 LSA) my rwtrq is lower than 400 but not much really. 400rwhp is easy to get out of these cars from what i have been reading as well. once you have that power it wont take long till you want more. the other problems you will run into is the transmission if you have the 4L60e mine blew when all i had was headers and a lid and tune i even lost a drag race against a friend bc it blew during the race. Either way congrats on the car hope you enjoy it and dont be afraid to ask anything in here, there is a lot of people that can answer your questions. and post pics please.
That's crazy it blew with just that and no cam or heads, I might upgrade the suspension and tranny before I build the motor after you telling me this. A loss and a blown tranny that's a though day. Thanks I'm excited for my first project.
Attached Thumbnails New member!-image.jpg  
Old 10-18-2013, 02:50 AM

Originally Posted by "MAC"
Originally Posted by Sinister_Z28
Yes we do have some nice beaches here but the water is never as clear as Hawaii. I went to Maui when i was a kid but i would get board on a island if i was on one for an extended period of time.
Yeah island fever sets in real soon, after about 3 hours. Top speed limit is 55 this state is worthless.
Old 10-18-2013, 09:44 AM
TECH Regular

Yeah island fever sets in real soon, after about 3 hours. Top speed limit is 55 this state is worthless.
Do u have any tracks over there? And ur new car looks really nice
Old 10-18-2013, 01:21 PM

They shut down the track about a year ago and the super ferry to Maui. Freaking sucks
Old 10-18-2013, 05:42 PM
Banned

They shut down the track about a year ago and the super ferry to Maui. Freaking sucks
If your on the island that everyone flys into and the Air Force and Navy base share then i would suggest the hiking trails. I visited a good friend a few months ago and did the easy trail it was a blast. Plus the views you get is amazing enjoy your time there and try not to do everything with in a month and island fever hopefully will be put off longer lol

Quick Reply: New member!