Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CME Valance Push Pins

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 10:08 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default CME Valance Push Pins

I purchased the CME kit of a member here. I am not sure if the valance is supposed to come with the push pins, but in any case I don't have them. Anyone have any experience or recommendations as to what to use for the slots at the tires? It looks like its meant for the body push pins - anyone have any part numbers or leads on what to use other than nuts/bolts or self tapping screws?

TIA
Old 10-16-2013, 11:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the holes on the end are reused by the push pins on the bottom of the bumper cover(2 pins,one on each side)....the hole in the middle(under license plate) you have to drill a hole in the into the rear bumper support. you can use either a pushpin the same size of the hole you drilled or use sheet metal screws to secure it...the rest of the valence uses 1/2 inch double faced tape i believe.
Old 10-16-2013, 01:17 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the info, I will have to look again, but I didn't think my bumper cover already has those push pins, but again I could be mistaken.
Old 10-16-2013, 01:27 PM
On The Tree

Mine came with the SLP CME and it has a sheet metal screw behind the tire holding it to the bumper cover. The valance does not go far enough under the bumper cover to use the push pins on the bottom of the bumper cover.
Old 10-16-2013, 01:30 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 2002ss335
Mine came with the SLP CME and it has a sheet metal screw behind the tire holding it to the bumper cover. The valance does not go far enough under the bumper cover to use the push pins on the bottom of the bumper cover.
Thanks for the heads up, that makes sense because when I picked up the painted valance from a body shop where I had it painted, it didn't seem like it really wanted to fit all the way under the bumper cover, but the fronts would be enough for some screws. Thanks again
Old 10-17-2013, 01:27 PM
Staging Lane

Thank you for all the feedback/comments, I checked last night and there are already body push pins in the bottom of the bumper cover. Those along with some of the feedback received should be a good start to get the valance installed.

Quick Reply: CME Valance Push Pins