HELP! Stolen 58 Corvette Austin area

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 05:41 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default HELP! Stolen 58 Corvette Austin area

I am trying to help a friend who's prized 58 Vette was stolen from his ranch. If anyone see's or has heard of a 58 Vette for sale or parts, please email me at jlord8201@gmail.com. I will forward all info to him. Thank you guys!

Here is the run down of what happened and the vette itself. Copied from another forum.

"hey guys, worth a shot to get more eyes watching for a somewhat unique vintage car, especially any of you around Texas.

This was a fairly complete matching #s project car that my dad found and I bought years ago, never had time and money at the same time. I had moved it to our remote family ranch about a year ago, stashed deep back in a barn, covered completely with tarps surrounded by plywood with more stuff put in on top and in front ... in other words, it was well hidden.

It was taken from South of Bertram and West of Liberty Hill Texas sometime between Sept. 27 and Oct. 4, someone cut the lock (not the chain???) on the entry gate, pulled down to the barn (~400 yards barely visible from highway), pulled barn gate open, moved everything from out of front and tarps drug to the back. they either had to drag or winch the car out on flat front tires (drag marks indicate) and load (trailer or tow truck). A report has been given to the Burnet County Sheriff's Department and Central Texas Auto Task Force along with pictures and VIN.

If any of you see or have seen (trailered) this car, please contact me here or the Burnet County Sherriff's dept. It is fairly unique being yellow with a silver insert, missing the grill and one headlight. Thanks for any help you might can provide on location or direction it might be heading."

"figured ya'll might come across something related to this with those searches. Another couple of unique traits ... it does not have a '58 hood or trunk deck as they appear to be from a '59 or '60 (no louver ripples on the hood and no chrome stripes on the trunk), so someone might mistake it for those year models too ... and since it's missing the 9 tooth grill (unique to '58 & '59) someone might think it's a '60 or '61 (but I Think they changed taillights around '60)"
Attached Thumbnails HELP! Stolen 58 Corvette Austin area-stolen-58-vette.jpg  

Last edited by seadoo; 10-16-2013 at 05:49 PM.
Old 10-16-2013, 06:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ill keep my eyes open for it.
Old 10-16-2013, 06:58 PM
SEB
TECH Fanatic

My money says you know the theif! I will keep my eyes open here in the Big D!
Old 10-16-2013, 06:59 PM
SEB
TECH Fanatic

I hate Thiefs!
Old 10-16-2013, 07:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

******* bastards man!
Old 10-16-2013, 07:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I love 58's man. Very sorry for the loss. Eyes peeled.
Old 10-17-2013, 12:51 AM
On The Tree

I feel like I seem that car along 35 north... Looks so familiar as I drive it a lot. However that's before and I'm not sure it's even the same one, One I'm thinking was behind a wire fence almost along the access road of 35 can't pinpoint where... Good luck finding it. I'm sure the insurance will pay for the loss handsomely
Old 10-17-2013, 08:16 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SEB
My money says you know the theif!
Exactly. Someone had to know it was there. They either saw it when you took it down there or it is someone you know or talked to about it.

I will be watching for it here in Houston.

You might want to try posting up over on Vetteheads. I used to know a guy on there. They are crazy about early Vette's and know about every ebay listing for a car or parts before it gets put up. They might see parts or know of someone who was looking for a vette like yours.
Old 10-17-2013, 09:01 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Y2K T.A.R.A.
I feel like I seem that car along 35 north... Looks so familiar as I drive it a lot. However that's before and I'm not sure it's even the same one, One I'm thinking was behind a wire fence almost along the access road of 35 can't pinpoint where... Good luck finding it. I'm sure the insurance will pay for the loss handsomely
Can you email me specifics so I can forward the info to him? He lives in Austin. Thanks.
Old 10-17-2013, 09:02 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by LeadfootDuramax
Exactly. Someone had to know it was there. They either saw it when you took it down there or it is someone you know or talked to about it.

I will be watching for it here in Houston.

You might want to try posting up over on Vetteheads. I used to know a guy on there. They are crazy about early Vette's and know about every ebay listing for a car or parts before it gets put up. They might see parts or know of someone who was looking for a vette like yours.
Thanks, I will post up on Vetteheads as well. Thanks for the idea.
Old 10-17-2013, 05:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I had a guy call me to do an LS swap on a 58' Vette a couple weeks ago, I'll see if I can find the number. Said he just got it for his wife.

Any of the owners friends have an odd name? The guy who called was I think Quinton or something along those lines.

Last edited by retardedpenguin; 10-17-2013 at 05:28 PM.
Old 10-17-2013, 06:04 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by retardedpenguin
I had a guy call me to do an LS swap on a 58' Vette a couple weeks ago, I'll see if I can find the number. Said he just got it for his wife.

Any of the owners friends have an odd name? The guy who called was I think Quinton or something along those lines.
I will find out. Is it possible you can get the VIN from the Vette?
Old 10-17-2013, 10:50 PM
ino
TECH Enthusiast

That sucks hope you find it.

Quick Reply: HELP! Stolen 58 Corvette Austin area