Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS Wiring harness install how to?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 03:46 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS Wiring harness install how to?

I have been researching pretty much everything on an LS1 swap into my 72 Chevelle Wagon and the only thing I have not been able to find is an actual how to hooking up the engine wiring harness. I have seen articles on how to modify a harness but nothing that really shows what plugs go where and how to tie in the cars existing wires into the new harness, PCM, and ECM. I would love to see pictures that show a harness and a digram of what plugs into what. Maybe I have not looked hard enough, but I have honestly spent hours and hours trying to find this info.
Any leads would be awesome.
Old 10-24-2013, 03:57 PM
Teching In

I would call Bill at BP Automotive to make a harness for you or modify your existing harness. I just got one from him for my swap. Very nice and came with instructions. Everything was labeled. Most everything was plug and play. Couple 12v, couple grounds, fuel pump, fans and I was ready to go. I don't have a/c or an electronic trans though.
Old 10-24-2013, 04:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try http://www.lt1swap.com/

There is lots of good info there. Between LS1tech and lt1swap you should be able to get all the info you need.
Old 10-24-2013, 04:07 PM
Staging Lane

I will give him a try. Like I said, I havn't made a final decision on the trans yet. At first I was leaning towards an 4l60e but the more I look at the T56 swap the more I am tempted to go that route. More money, but I only want to do this once.
Old 10-24-2013, 04:28 PM
Staging Lane

Mille3, Great website and pretty much what I was looking for. Now probly just need to email or talke to him about hooking the harness to the existing car wiring. I did see his schematics but I am a novice at reading them. Loved his pictures of the harnes pointing out what goes where. That is what I needed. Thanks

Quick Reply: LS Wiring harness install how to?