Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

1 and 2 driver not working all the time?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 09:51 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1 and 2 driver not working all the time?

When I get in after my wife drives it and I hit the unlock button on the key fob the seat doesn’t move to my position and my wife complained about the same thing happening to her. It is turned on in the settings for the driver one and two to position at unlock, so I’m not sure what’s going on?
This morning I hit the button on the door and it didn’t work then I hit number two button and it moved the seat up to her position so I hit button one again and it moved to my position, it was almost like it was in a half way position or something when I got in. I will replace the battery in the remote and see if that helps but I know my wife’s battery is new, so I don’t know what’s going on. I do know that when unlocking all the doors I hit the unlock button twice it almost never unlocks all the doors. I have to keep trying to hit the unlock button for it to finally work. The range also sucks.
Old 10-25-2013, 06:10 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 69stangscj
When I get in after my wife drives it and I hit the unlock button on the key fob the seat doesn’t move to my position and my wife complained about the same thing happening to her. It is turned on in the settings for the driver one and two to position at unlock, so I’m not sure what’s going on?
This morning I hit the button on the door and it didn’t work then I hit number two button and it moved the seat up to her position so I hit button one again and it moved to my position, it was almost like it was in a half way position or something when I got in. I will replace the battery in the remote and see if that helps but I know my wife’s battery is new, so I don’t know what’s going on. I do know that when unlocking all the doors I hit the unlock button twice it almost never unlocks all the doors. I have to keep trying to hit the unlock button for it to finally work. The range also sucks.
My seats and settings don't always function if the park brake isn't set. Do you leave that off and car in gear? Not sure about the remotes and range, mine is low but that hasn't been a problem for me.
Old 10-26-2013, 12:59 PM
On The Tree

Some times in gear no brake and some times with brake.

Quick Reply: 1 and 2 driver not working all the time?