Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Ship Computer for Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 05:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ship Computer for Tuning

I know there are a number of threads on here regarding tuning, and a number of you have used Jesse at Wait4MePerformance. Just wanted to know if anyone has shipped their computer to him to have some tuning performed, and what your experience was:

Total wait time (mine is a DD)
How did the car perform after
Any issues long term (6+ months)

As of today, I am needing my rear O2 codes disabled so that I do not have to stare at the constant reminder that my exhaust is modded.

Thanks all!
Old 10-27-2013, 05:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Usually he ships back with 2 day shipping a day or two after receiving. My car is exhaust mods only so yes having the rear 02 shut off is nice even with high flow cats they will trigger CEL every now and then. Car seemed to run a little smoother afterwards when accelerating. I had an issue where the car would not start a couple months afterwards I installed a new PCM from him because the security protection kicked in but if you're using the same PCM that won't be a problem. Honestly I don't know exactly what he does with the tune.

Be careful with your connections on the LS2 computer as mine broke on my original. The only problem I have with his service is he is very busy so you don't have a lot of time with him, if you can get a hold of him. He's good with answering his phone usually, or will call you back.
Old 10-28-2013, 07:24 AM
TECH Addict

Received 106 Likes on 88 Posts

After doing Kooks headers I figured a "mail order" tune would be a safe bet, as headers are a pretty common mod. I opted to go with a spare ECU (which W4M had on hand) rather than taking my car off the road. Shortly after installing the W4M ECU I had an opportunity to put the car on a dyno, so I ran both the W4M ECU and the stock ECU back-to-back. The W4M "tune" made essentially exactly the same power as the stock tune, and was ~1 point leaner across the entire RPM band (about 14:1 everywhere). (Red and blue runs are the W4M tune, green and darker blue are the stock runs.)

I didn't use that ECU anymore. I never received any response to my attempts to contact W4M about the crap tune.
Old 10-28-2013, 04:51 PM
Launching!

East Coast Supercharging also does mail tunes. I used them after I did my headers. I believe the cost was $150.
Old 10-28-2013, 07:15 PM
On The Tree

So basically, it would be more valuable to go to a local tuner, rather than mail order. For now, I am just needing O2 sensor codes disabled. But will eventually get a tune after more go fast goodies.

Quick Reply: Ship Computer for Tuning