Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

MSD LS1 LS6 Timing & Rev Control Box

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 09:30 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default MSD LS1 LS6 Timing & Rev Control Box

I've read some posts of guys who do not like this box.They said the box that comes with the Edelbrock carb swap kit with intake has problems but if you buy the box seperate from MSD then there is no problems?
Is anyone using the FAST box and how do you like it?
Thanks
Old 10-29-2013, 10:16 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The Edlebrock and MSD boxes are the same product and both are made by MSD. the only difference between the two is Edlebrock had MSD disconnect the lap top port on their versions. This limits the timing curves to one of 6 pills they provide and also eliminates the rev limiter. If you buy the MSD box you can program it anyway you want with a lap top. You can also use the lap top to diagnosis problems like failed crank and cam sensors.

I only knew of one guy on here who had a FAST box. Some of the early MSD boxes wouldn't work with certain cranks so he went to a FAST box. The FAST boxes are a good bit more expensive than the MSD units. Keep in mind the MSD box comes with all the cables whereas FAST use to price the cables separately. FAST is a good company so I'm sure they make a quality product.

MSD on the other hand has issues from time to time. for the most part the boxes are very reliable. I will tell you they are super easy to set up and tune.

Quick Reply: MSD LS1 LS6 Timing & Rev Control Box