Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question on nitrous hit

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 09:21 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question on nitrous hit

i have a n.o 90mm plate kit, running a 10lb bottle and a 16000 cheater noid on a 185 shot. I'm having sort of an issue, when i slap a fresh full bottle the cars hits/runs stronger on that first hit, second and third time spraying she seems to lose some steam, this has happened on 3 different ocassions, with full-fresh bottles... Is is the noid going bad or a wiring issue? i have a 12ft 4an line but i shouldn't be worried about that just yet. Last night i had to replace the fuse from the power line feeding the bottle heater/relay and noids but i usually do that once every 5-6 months.. thing was burnt pretty bad... thus i was thinking wiring issue... next on my to do list would be, replace that wire and add a new fuse holder.. But main question is, why i'm getting the stronger hit on the first run?? anyone?
Old 10-30-2013, 10:26 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by PaSteLaSo4U
i have a n.o 90mm plate kit, running a 10lb bottle and a 16000 cheater noid on a 185 shot. I'm having sort of an issue, when i slap a fresh full bottle the cars hits/runs stronger on that first hit, second and third time spraying she seems to lose some steam, this has happened on 3 different ocassions, with full-fresh bottles... Is is the noid going bad or a wiring issue? i have a 12ft 4an line but i shouldn't be worried about that just yet. Last night i had to replace the fuse from the power line feeding the bottle heater/relay and noids but i usually do that once every 5-6 months.. thing was burnt pretty bad... thus i was thinking wiring issue... next on my to do list would be, replace that wire and add a new fuse holder.. But main question is, why i'm getting the stronger hit on the first run?? anyone?
Usually that's because you have the absolute most bottle pressure on a fresh bottle. As far as the wiring you might want to trace the wiring and see if you have a short somewhere. I would run an inline fuse as well as an extra precaution. Also you may have a ground that's not quite sufficient either.
Old 10-31-2013, 02:11 PM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you know what your bottle pressure is on the first hit as compared to the other hits?

Trey
Old 10-31-2013, 04:49 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PaSteLaSo4U
Sounds like a bottle pressure issue. As you use the nitrous and the volume leaves the bottle the bottle pressure drops causing the tune up to go rich. What is the bottle pressure? Do you have a heater on the car?

If it keeps popping fuses it is probably a wiring issue or not enough fuse. What size fuse are you using? Where is your fuse located in your wiring?
Old 11-01-2013, 11:10 AM
11 Second Club

Mine kinda does the same thing. 3rd hit on the bottle it seemed slower than the first 2 and I have NANO. Subscribing for some help
Old 11-01-2013, 08:57 PM
11 Second Club

You never mentioned anything about purging before you inject your Nitrous.

Nitrous will always hit harder when it is injected in a pure Liquid state. Make sure you purge with a Purge Solenoid before you spray. For your Fuse issue.... You could have a Bad or Faulty Nitrous or Fuel Solenoid that is hanging up or a bad Ground somewhere that could be blowing a Fuse. Check your Grounds & Replace or Check your Relay.
Old 11-04-2013, 11:06 AM
FormerVendor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

It really sounds like a bottle pressure deal more than anything. I'd like some more info from the OP as far as bottle pressure on each pass and a general idea of what the tune up is in the car. If hes spraying a substantial amount of nitrous each pass then the 3rd pull will have a lot less nitrous in the bottle and will see a more substantial bottle pressure drop through the pass than his 1st pull.

Quick Reply: Question on nitrous hit