Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

CD changer question

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2004, 11:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CD changer question

I have a 99 SS and I recently swapped a 2000 head unit into my car so that I can hook up a CD changer (because I heard the 2000+'s work with the CD changers). Anyway, hooked it up and it appears to be recognizing the CD changer, but when I press the CD/AUX button on the head unit, it takes a minute, scans through the CD's in the changer, then says ERROR. Also, not really sure about this, but I think the CD changer might have come out of an LT1 car, would that make any difference?? I'm new at all this, so any help is greatly appreciated.

Anyone have any input or suggestions? Thanks!!
Old 05-06-2004, 12:01 AM
On The Tree

The changer has a bad laser, sorry to say, but you can basically through it in the trash.
Old 05-06-2004, 06:23 AM
Teching In

Make sure you put the CD's in the trays "upside down". The read side of the CD needs to be away from the tray, which is opposite most household CD players.
Old 05-06-2004, 09:23 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SS-Mike
Make sure you put the CD's in the trays "upside down". The read side of the CD needs to be away from the tray, which is opposite most household CD players.
Yeah, we made sure of that.