Warning for those in the Houston area!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 11:18 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warning for those in the Houston area!

For those of you planning on using Advanced Racing Dynamics in Houston....don't! I had a complete rebuild on a 2010 Camaro SS and they put the freaking head gaskets in backwards! I now have to replace all O rings and pistons, and I'm lucky that is all! A friend that I bought the car from has a buddy who's car they just ruined, although I don't have any details. Either way I do not suggest using Advanced Racing Dynamics!!!!!
Old 10-31-2013, 11:50 AM
Launching!

Damn that sucks . You would think as many **** ups they do on a daily basis they woulda figured out how to do something correct by now . Owen is a ******* ****** con man and suprized he's still open .
Old 10-31-2013, 12:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by drillbabydrill
For those of you planning on using Advanced Racing Dynamics in Houston....don't! I had a complete rebuild on a 2010 Camaro SS and they put the freaking head gaskets in backwards! I now have to replace all O rings and pistons, and I'm lucky that is all! A friend that I bought the car from has a buddy who's car they just ruined, although I don't have any details. Either way I do not suggest using Advanced Racing Dynamics!!!!!
Sorry to hear about your situation.

Originally Posted by Rob's 02 SS
Damn that sucks . You would think as many **** ups they do on a daily basis they woulda figured out how to do something correct by now . Owen is a ******* ****** con man and suprized he's still open .
ARD got me too, for thousands.

Prepare for a PM for ARDLS1 notifying you that you made a big mistake mentioning his name. Owen will then give you his definition of defamation of character. Then he will tell you that he has just put a lawyer on retainer for $1,000 and plans to sue you for defamation. His lawyer has already advised him that this should be an open and shut case. He will then tell you that he wants no more trouble with you, that you are about to spend a lot of money on legal fees and settlements, and that he will be suing for more than $10,000 in damages for the post on LS1TECH. He will give you one day to have the post removed so that he will back off. If not, he will file the case tomorrow.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/texas-mem...-very-bad.html
WARNING: I was 19 years old when I started the above thread.

Last edited by jdoyle; 10-31-2013 at 12:14 PM.
Old 10-31-2013, 12:05 PM
TECH Resident

I thought this guy was in centex..when did he move to Houston?
Old 10-31-2013, 12:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 03Sssnake
I thought this guy was in centex..when did he move to Houston?
he has always been in houston. you must be thinking of someone else.
Old 10-31-2013, 12:13 PM
TECH Resident

I probably am thinking of someone else...there was a shop in the hutto area that has the same reputation.
Old 10-31-2013, 12:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jdoyle
Prepare for a PM for ARDLS1 notifying you that you made a big mistake mentioning his name. Owen will then give you his definition of defamation of character. Then he will tell you that he has just put a lawyer on retainer for $1,000 and plans to sue you for defamation. His lawyer has already advised him that this should be an open and shut case. He will then tell you that he wants no more trouble with you, that you are about to spend a lot of money on legal fees and settlements, and that he will be suing for more than $10,000 in damages for the post on LS1TECH. He will give you one day to have the post removed so that he will back off. If not, he will file the case tomorrow.
That was good, thanks for the laugh.
Old 10-31-2013, 12:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Why in the hell..... do people keep using this guy?!?!?!??!?!?
Old 10-31-2013, 12:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Stroked96Bowtie
That was good, thanks for the laugh.

Originally Posted by BigBronco
Right on man. I used him because of his introductory price. The other shops that I called were only doing forged short blocks and I did not have the money for that as I had just bought the car. My Camaro was my only car and I needed it back on the road.

OP, what made you decide to go with ARD?

Last edited by jdoyle; 10-31-2013 at 12:38 PM.
Old 10-31-2013, 01:11 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by jdoyle
Sorry to hear about your situation.

ARD got me too, for thousands.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/texas-mem...-very-bad.html
WARNING: I was 19 years old when I started the above thread.
Haha . **** Owen and his shady *** shop he only had one decent person working for him that has finally left his shop and went else . There are numerous people that have been screwed over by him . Not our fault his shop is shady , half *** , and a con aritist , . If he would do the work right in the first place his shop wouldn't have a sour taste. And putting **** in wrong should be his slogan . Can't tell u how many 4l60 I've seen with clutch packs in backwards lol. I think his shop is a disgrace to lsx owners and should be shut down .
Old 10-31-2013, 01:14 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BigBronco
My thoughts exactly, especially since houston has a ton of great shops. LMR, Gforce, just to name a few.
Old 10-31-2013, 01:58 PM
Teching In

Eh he can suck it. I bought the car off a guy who had the car built. It only had 2000 miles on it and I began having compression issues obviously. Took in to my shop and that was the diagnosis. He can say whatever he wants, with a Weiner in his mouth.
Old 10-31-2013, 02:41 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

He is always screwing someone. From what I heard the "5th gen guys" locally were supposed to be cheer leading him on, and didn't want any bad about him from what I was told but I have seen a ton of his botch jobs and seen more complaints than I can say.

Seen him act like a dummy when he was at a meet in some kids face, trying to start a fight. He is lucky it wasn't some crazy MFr from the Houston area that could have put him in the hospital or worse.

I wanted to ask how he stays in business, but clearly it's by ripping people off.
Old 10-31-2013, 02:43 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Says his last activity is 2011 so I would be surprised to see him send any PMs.
Old 10-31-2013, 02:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ZONES89RS
Seen him act like a dummy when he was at a meet in some kids face, trying to start a fight.
A video of that would be so great.

Says his last activity is 2011 so I would be surprised to see him send any PMs.
That blurb that I posted is the PM (verbatim) that he sent to me after I posted about him and his shop back in '06.
Old 10-31-2013, 02:47 PM
Launching!

He is always screwing someone. From what I heard the "5th gen guys" locally were supposed to be cheer leading him on, and didn't want any bad about him from what I was told but I have seen a ton of his botch jobs and seen more complaints than I can say.

Seen him act like a dummy when he was at a meet in some kids face, trying to start a fight. He is lucky it wasn't some crazy MFr from the Houston area that could have put him in the hospital or worse.

I wanted to ask how he stays in business, but clearly it's by ripping people off.
Thays funny I was. On my way to san Antonio he was trying to e thug me . I turned around drove up to his shop asked him wats good . I'm here what u wana do . The lil Bitch said I better leave hos property or else he will call the cops on me . He's a ****** that likes to run his jaw and thinks he's better than everyone .
Old 10-31-2013, 02:56 PM
10 Second Club

In other news, the Japanese have bombed Pearl Harbor!
Old 10-31-2013, 03:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is great!!!! I should have him rebuild my motor toooooooooouuuuoooo....ooooohhhhhfuckthat
Old 10-31-2013, 06:24 PM
12 Second Truck Club

another ARD saga..........people should do a lot of research before trusting that douche nozzle with their hard earned money.
Old 10-31-2013, 09:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 06tx4.8
another ARD saga..........people should do a lot of research before trusting that douche nozzle with their hard earned money.
A lot of research? Damn it's 2013 google ARD and look at all the crap that pops up on that **** bag!!

Quick Reply: Warning for those in the Houston area!