Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Predator after dyno tune?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2004, 12:43 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Predator after dyno tune?

If you get your vehicle tuned by a shop that uses other software can you stillmake small adjustments such as gear or tire size changes with the predator? Or do you just chuck it since you can't use it anymore? Just wondering since they're 400+ dollars.

Old 05-06-2004, 01:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

A tune with other software will not change your pcm. The Predator will still do everything it is made to do.
Old 05-06-2004, 04:54 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Chuck it in the trash. Or at the very least, use it to scan codes.

I have my car dynotuned with LS1Edit. You CAN'T! use the Diablo Predator to make minor adjustments. It will OVERRIDE your Edit tune! Trust me! I know from experience.

If you want to change 1 parameter (i.e. rev limit), it reflashes everything at once.

I suggest setting the Predator back to stock and selling it if you wish to go with an Edit tune/tuner.
Old 05-06-2004, 11:39 AM
On The Tree

maybe you can save the tune that you had made to a PC and then rename and send it back as a custom tune and use it. Someone here should know for sure.

mike
Old 05-06-2004, 02:13 PM
On The Tree

Copy the shop-tune to your predator and save a copy on your pc (give it a name you can identify easily as your shop-tuned file.) Send that file to diablo for further adjustments, just make sure to tell them not to alter it in any way except for the minor adjustments you want.

If you're just going to throw your predator in the trash, I'll take it for spare parts!