Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Am I going in the right direction????

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2013, 10:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Am I going in the right direction????

Hello my name is lance,
Im new to the ls game I recently bought a 5.3 out of a 03-04 suburban and I just wanted to get some input on my build if at all possible. I will list what I have and what my plans are and any feedback will be greatly appreciated.
Car is a 1989 mustang lx notchback. Motor is a 03-04 5.3 out of a suburban I plan on using the stock crank, rods and pistons. This is a fresh project so all that I have done so far is tear the motor apart and discarded what im not going to use. My plans are to do the trunion upgrade on the rockers, some one piece chromoly push rods, Brian tooley valvetrain compenents, ls7 lifters, ls9 jead gaskets, file fit the stock rings, arp head stud kit and rod bolt, cam and turbo will more than likely come from lil Jon motorsport solutions do not have specs yet on either of those parts at this time. Tranny will be a th-400 with and edge converter this will be a foot brake car. The engine management will be stock ECM and tune from xp racing or able racing in the city, I want to do the aje k member and coil over kit and keep the rear stock style suspension. Rearend is an 8.8 with 3.73 gearing with USA alloy 28 spline axles and c clip elims. Intake will be the Holley hi ram or edelbrock hi ram intake. This is what I have come up with in my search I know I will spend some money but kinda want to try and use what I can. I would like to get any input on this build weather im going in the right direction or maybe even point me in the right direction this is my first stab at this so I hope I don't get laughed at too much thank you.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Everything you have will work fine. I don't really known what you're looking for unless you thought something in your combo just isn't going to work. All you'll really get with this post is tons of opinions on what to try and some good lucks.

What kind of power are you looking to make? What fuel will you be using? What about your fuel system? Injectors, pump(s)? daily driver?
Old 11-01-2013, 11:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Horsepower to be around 700 I would think is to be safe, fuel will be race fuel 110 or higher have thought about e-85 as well, fuel system consists of cell, a1000 pump, boost reference regulator, race fuel I will go with 80lb injectors and if I go e85 then I would obviously have to go even larger, this is my track car but want the ability to drive it on the street. I apologize for my lack of intellect on the ls motor but this is why I posted this thread I want someone with some knowledge to say yeah this will work or no it won't I would do etc etc. because what I have and what I have planned is just from looking and listening to what other folks have said. But I do thank you for looking this over and thank you for your input.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

80 lb injectors and a boost referenced regulator are good to 800 HP on E85. The rest of it seems pretty well researched. Some may argue what is and isn't necessary but you certainly haven't made any bad decisions.

Last edited by HexenLord; 11-01-2013 at 11:49 AM.

Quick Reply: Am I going in the right direction????